© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Arjen Boin and Martin Lodge
Impact Factor: 1.922
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 8/47 (Public Administration); 22/163 (Political Science)
Online ISSN: 1467-9299
Public Administration is a major refereed journal with global circulation and global coverage. The journal publishes articles on public administration, public policy and public management. The journal’s reach is both inclusive and international and much of the work published is comparative in nature. A high percentage of articles are sourced from the enlarging Europe and cover all aspects of West and East European public administration.
Aims and Scope
Public Administration, founded in 1922, is a major refereed journal with global circulation and global coverage. The journal publishes articles on all facets of public administration, public policy and public management. The editors are especially interested in papers that deal with major administrative challenges that generate theoretical advances and provide substantive insights.
Aims & Objectives
The journal has three core objectives:
• To stimulate international scholarly and practitioner dialogue in public administration, public management, public organization theory and policy analysis.
• To encourage critical and comparative analysis of challenges facing contemporary systems of governing.
• To publish theoretically and empirically rigorous research on topics of broad and vivid current interest.
Public Administration is edited by an international team and draws on an international editorial board.
Please visit http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/padm for instructions on how to submit articles online, and the author guidelines page for and details of journal style.
The Reviews section discusses important books that address critical issues in public administration, public management, and policy analysis. Our book review editors look for relevant books and capable reviewers across all disciplines.
Further details of editorial policy
Public Administration is publishes articles on all aspects of public administration, public management, public organization theory and public policy irrespective of academic discipline, geographical region, theoretical lens or methodological approach. It is essential that all articles meet the criteria of theoretical rigour and broad current interest. Articles need not be comparative in the strict sense, but to speak to an international audience. All contributions must develop broad arguments and themes. Single-case studies or manuscripts focusing on specific events will only be reviewed if they have wider theoretical significance.
public administration, public policy, management, European, British, policy, analysis, health, services, American, reviews, book, periodical, media, electronic, journal, research, analysis, article, theory, studies
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- ABI/INFORM Database (ProQuest)
- America: History & Life (EBSCO Publishing)
- Business ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- Criminal Justice Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Emerald Management Reviews (Emerald)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- GEOBASE (Elsevier)
- Historical Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- INSPEC (IET)
- International Political Science Abstracts (IPSA)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- OmniFile Full Text Mega Edition (HW Wilson)
- PAIS: Public Affairs Information Service (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Social Science Database (ProQuest)
- Public Administration Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Care Online (Social Care Institute for Excellence)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Sociological Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Worldwide Political Sciences Abstracts (ProQuest)