The Scandinavian Journal of Economics
© The editors of The Scandinavian Journal of Economics
Editors: Peter Fredriksson, Peter Norman Sørensen, and Kjetil Storesletten
Online ISSN: 1467-9442
The Scandinavian Journal of Economics invites manuscripts from an international array of contributors in all areas of economics.
1. Authors should submit a PDF version of the manuscript online at:
2. Manuscripts submitted to the editorial office are to include a non-refundable submission fee of SEK 500, USD 85, or EUR 55. This is payable by a credit card during upload of the paper.
The Scandinavian Journal of Economics has a policy for expedited review.
The editors may reject a manuscript without obtaining a referee report from an outside reviewer if the paper is considered to be clearly unsuitable for publication in The SJE. Reasons for such a decision may include the quality and originality of the analysis, suitability of the topic for a general-interest journal, etc. Please note that the submission fee will not be returned for papers that receive expedited review. Prior to submission, authors are advised to consult previous issues in order to judge suitability according to the types of articles published in The SJE.
3. Manuscripts submitted to The Scandinavian Journal of Economics should be in English and no longer than 35 truly double-spaced (not 1.5 spaced) pages, including references, figures and tables. Please note that the manuscript will be returned for adjustment prior to review if this guideline is not followed.
4. The title page should include the names and affiliations of the authors, an abstract not exceeding 100 words, JEL codes and keywords.
5. References to articles and books (including the first names of all authors cited) should be listed at the end of the article; references in the text to this list should be made by year (in parenthesis).
6. Footnotes, formulas and figures should be numbered consecutively throughout the text and acknowledgements denoted by an asterisk.
7. Supplementary derivations, explanations and statistical tests which, although not intended for publication, could facilitate the referees' work, may be enclosed.
8. Proofs should be carefully checked by the author and returned within a week. The publisher reserves the right to charge for alterations made at the proof stage.
9. Authors receive an electronic offprint free of charge. This is distributed through Wiley-Blackwell's Author Services system, so authors should remember to register for this service in order to access their offprint. Details of the service and registration follow below.
10. Editorial correspondence and books for review should be addressed to:
The SCANDINAVIAN JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS
Department of Economics
University of Stockholm
SE-106 91 Stockholm
11. If your paper is accepted, the author identified as the formal corresponding author for the paper will receive an email prompting them to login into Author Services; where via the Wiley Author Licensing Service (WALS) they will be able to complete the license agreement on behalf of all authors on the paper.
For authors signing the copyright transfer agreement
If the OnlineOpen option is not selected the corresponding author will be presented with the copyright transfer agreement (CTA) to sign. The terms and conditions of the CTA can be previewed in the samples associated with the Copyright FAQs below:
CTA Terms and Conditions http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/faqs_copyright.asp
For authors choosing OnlineOpen
If the OnlineOpen option is selected the corresponding author will have a choice of the following Creative Commons License Open Access Agreements (OAA):
Creative Commons Attribution License OAA
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License OAA
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial -NoDerivs License OAA
To preview the terms and conditions of these open access agreements please visit the Copyright FAQs hosted on Wiley Author Services http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/faqs_copyright.asp and visit http://www.wileyopenaccess.com/details/content/12f25db4c87/Copyright--License.html.
If you select the OnlineOpen option and your research is funded by The Wellcome Trust and members of the Research Councils UK (RCUK) or the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) you will be given the opportunity to publish your article under a CC-BY license supporting you in complying with your Funder requirements. For more information on this policy and the Journal’s compliant self-archiving policy please visit: http://www.wiley.com/go/funderstatement.
Online production tracking is now available for your article through Wiley-Blackwell’s Author Services.
Author Services enables authors to track their article – once it has been accepted – through the production process to publication online and in print. Authors can check the status of their articles online and choose to receive automated e-mails at key stages of production. The author will receive an e-mail with a unique link that enables them to register and have their article automatically added to the system. Please ensure that a complete e-mail address is provided when submitting the manuscript. Click here for more details on online production tracking and for a wealth of resources including FAQs and tips on article preparation, submission and more.
2011 (including overlap from previous year)
Ratio of published-to-submitted articles: 0.09
Ratio of rejected-to-submitted papers: 0.76
Average time to rejection in the first round: 2.17 months
Average time to first decision: 2.27 months
Average time from submission to acceptance of final version: 17.7 months
Average time from receipt of final version to print publication: 15.1 months