The Scandinavian Journal of Economics
© The editors of The Scandinavian Journal of Economics
Editors: Paul Klein, Søren Leth-Petersen, and Peter Norman Sørensen
Impact Factor: 1.298
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 102/344 (Economics)
Online ISSN: 1467-9442
The Scandinavian Journal of Economics invites manuscripts from international contributors in all areas of economics.
Authors can submit a PDF version of the manuscript online at:
The SJE has a policy for expedited review. The editors may reject a manuscript without obtaining a referee report from an outside reviewer if the editor considers the paper to be clearly unsuitable for publication in the SJE. Reasons for such a decision include (but are not limited to) the originality of the topic, the quality of the analysis, or the suitability of the topic for a general-interest journal.
The submission fee will not be returned for papers that receive an expedited review. Prior to submission, authors are advised to consult previous issues in order to judge suitability based on the types of articles published in the SJE.
* Authors submit a PDF version of the manuscript on line using the "Submit Manuscript" button at the top of this page.
* There is a non-refundable submission fee of USD 100. This is payable by credit card during the submission process.
* Manuscripts submitted to the SJE should be in English and should not exceed 35 pages, including references, figures, and tables.
* The text should use a standard 12-point font (e.g., Times New Roman); use margins of at least 2.5 cm (1 inch); use true double-spacing (not 1.5-spacing); and use black ink only.
* Figures and tables must be in black-and-white, using standard solutions that can be easily understood by the reader.
* The title page should include the names and affiliations of the authors; an abstract of 100 words or fewer; JEL codes; and keywords.
* References to articles and books (including the first names of all authors cited) should be listed at the end of the manuscript; references in the text to this list should be made by year (in parentheses).
* Footnotes, formulas, tables, and figures should be numbered consecutively, using Arabic numerals, throughout the text. Place them where they should appear in the manuscript.
* Supplementary material that might help the editor or referee, though not intended for publication, may be included.
If a paper is accepted for publication, proofs should be carefully checked by the author and returned within a week. The publisher reserves the right to charge for alterations made at the proof stage.
Authors receive an electronic offprint free of charge. This is distributed through Wiley-Blackwell's Author Services system, so authors should remember to register for this service in order to access their offprint. Details of the service and registration follow below.
Editorial correspondence and books for review should be addressed to:
The Scandinavian Journal of Economics
Department of Economics
University of Stockholm
SE-106 91 Stockholm
If your paper is accepted, the author identified as the formal corresponding author for the paper will receive an email prompting them to login into Author Services; where via the Wiley Author Licensing Service (WALS) they will be able to complete the license agreement on behalf of all authors on the paper.
For authors signing the copyright transfer agreement
If the OnlineOpen option is not selected the corresponding author will be presented with the copyright transfer agreement (CTA) to sign. The terms and conditions of the CTA can be previewed in the samples associated with the Copyright FAQs below:
CTA Terms and Conditions http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/faqs_copyright.asp
For authors choosing OnlineOpen
If the OnlineOpen option is selected the corresponding author will have a choice of the following Creative Commons License Open Access Agreements (OAA):
Creative Commons Attribution License OAA
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License OAA
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial -NoDerivs License OAA
To preview the terms and conditions of these open access agreements please visit the Copyright FAQs hosted on Wiley Author Services http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/faqs_copyright.asp and visit http://www.wileyopenaccess.com/details/content/12f25db4c87/Copyright--License.html.
If you select the OnlineOpen option and your research is funded by The Wellcome Trust and members of the Research Councils UK (RCUK) or the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) you will be given the opportunity to publish your article under a CC-BY license supporting you in complying with your Funder requirements. For more information on this policy and the Journal’s compliant self-archiving policy please visit: http://www.wiley.com/go/funderstatement.
Online production tracking is now available for your article through Wiley-Blackwell’s Author Services.
Author Services enables authors to track their article – once it has been accepted – through the production process to publication online and in print. Authors can check the status of their articles online and choose to receive automated e-mails at key stages of production. The author will receive an e-mail with a unique link that enables them to register and have their article automatically added to the system. Please ensure that a complete e-mail address is provided when submitting the manuscript. Click here for more details on online production tracking and for a wealth of resources including FAQs and tips on article preparation, submission and more.
Statistics for 2015
Ratio of published-to-submitted articles: 0.16
Average time to rejection in the first round: 3.55 months
Average time to first decision: 3.71 months
Average time from submission to acceptance of final version: 17.2 months
Average time from receipt of final version to print publication: 16.5 months