Studies in Applied Mathematics
© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: Jianke Yang
Impact Factor: 1.364
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 52/254 (Mathematics Applied)
Online ISSN: 1467-9590
Studies in Applied Mathematics (formerly The Journal of Mathematics and Physics before 1969) was founded by Clarence Moore at MIT in 1921. It has a long tradition of facilitating interactions between mathematics and applied disciplines. Its former managing editors were Clarence Moore (1921-1928), Philip Franklin (1929-1945), Eric Reissner (1946-1967), and David Benney (1968-2013). Under David Benney the journal's name was changed and the journal logo was created.
Currently the Journal publishes eight issues per year (in January, February, April, May, July, August, October and November).
Aims and Scope
Studies in Applied Mathematics explores the interplay between mathematics and the applied disciplines. It publishes papers that advance the understanding of physical processes, or develop new mathematical techniques applicable to physical and real-world problems. Its main themes include (but are not limited to) methods in physical mathematics, mathematical modeling, integrable systems, asymptotics, inverse problems, numerical analysis, dynamical systems, scientific computing and applications to areas such as fluid mechanics, mathematical biology, wave phenomena and optics.
Applied mathematics, mathematical modeling, integrable systems, asymptotics, inverse problems, numerical analysis, dynamical systems, scientific computing, fluid mechanics, mathematical biology, wave phenomena, optics.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- ABI/INFORM (ProQuest)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- American Business Law Journal (Academy of Legal Studies in Business)
- CompuMath Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Current Contents: Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Current Index to Statistics (ASA/IMS)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics)
- Mathematical Reviews/MathSciNet/Current Mathematical Publications (AMS)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- Science Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- ZBMATH (Zentralblatt MATH)