International Journal of Systematic Theology
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: John Webster, Paul Nimmo, Matthew Levering and Martin Westerholm
Online ISSN: 1468-2400
The International Journal of Systematic Theology publishes high-quality articles that focus on the articulation of the meaning, coherence and implications of Christian doctrine, and reviews major works in the discipline.
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Systematic Theology has acquired a world-wide reputation for publishing high-quality academic articles on systematic theology and for substantial reviews of major new works of scholarship. Systematic theology, which is concerned with the systematic articulation of the meaning, coherence and implications of Christian doctrine, is at the leading edge of contemporary academic theology. The discipline has undergone a remarkable transformation in the last three decades, and is now firmly established as a central area of academic teaching and research.
The International Journal of Systematic Theology aims to publish articles of the highest quality in this area, and operates with a double-blind peer review system. Its core concern is the articulation of Christian doctrine in terms both of its content and of its implications for the wider sphere of culture. Although doctrine is thus its primary concern, the Journal on occasion publishes articles treating the doctrinal aspects of historical theology, ethics and philosophy of religion. The Journal is interested in contributions which discuss substantive rather than methodological issues.
The Journal is served by an Editorial Board, whose members are:
- leading international figures in the study of systematic theology
- representative of different academic domains and diverse ecclesial communities
- committed to the flourishing of the discipline of systematic theology
- enthusiastic about the aims and ethos of the Journal
theology, systematic, international, journal, religion, Christian, research, belief, philosophy, culture, doctrine, ethics, historical, academic, analysis, ecumenical, ecumenism, poetology, sociology, studies, article, periodical, book, review, theory, dogma, dogmatic, church
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- ATLA Religion Database (American Theological Library Association)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- Religious & Theological Abstracts