International Journal of Dairy Technology
© 2014 Society of Dairy Technology
Edited By: Acting Editor Dr John Tuohy
Impact Factor: 1.099
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 66/123 (Food Science & Technology)
Online ISSN: 1471-0307
Applications are invited for the position of
Series Editor of the Society of Dairy Technology’s technical book series
The Society of Dairy Technology (SDT) Series is a leading series of technical books published on behalf of the Society of Dairy Technology. Along with the International Journal of Dairy Technology, it is a major part of the Society’s publishing programme, and is a prestigious and successful outlet for dairy science and technology. The series is at the forefront of dairy research, and books published to date include:
• Probiotic Dairy Products
• Milk Processing and Quality Management
• Technology of Cheesemaking
• Dairy Fats and Related Products
As Series Editor, the successful candidate will be in a position to shape and direct the series, and will ensure that the books remain at the cutting edge in their choice of subjects, contributing authors, and their potential scientific and technical applications.
Role of the Series Editor
The main responsibilities of this role are:
• To identify new books topics of scientific interest and commercial appeal
• To identify and approach qualified subject experts who can act as authors and book editors
• To help the publisher in managing book projects when necessary
• To input into the publisher’s promotional strategies for the books
The post involves working closely with the Society’s Publications Committee, individual volume editors and the publisher.
Profile of the successful candidate
The successful candidate should have extensive experience in research and publishing in academic and technical books and/or journals and must possess the following skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Sound scientific judgement
• Leadership qualities
• A network of academic and industry contacts
• Excellent knowledge of current research in dairy science (internationally)
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Commercial awareness (marketing and advertising)
The candidate will ideally be recognised internationally for his or her academic and/or technical publications.
Applicants should note that this position may require a number of days per year for meetings and conferences.
To apply for this post
Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a short assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of the SDT Series (nationally and internationally), and an outline of your vision for the Series and how you would like to develop it in the future.
Please send these, in confidence, to:
Andrew Harrison, Wiley-Blackwell, 9600 Garsington Road, Oxford OX4 2DQ
Expressions of interest by 18 February 2011 - applications to arrive no later than 28 February 2011