Journal of Neurochemistry
© International Society for Neurochemistry
Edited By: Jörg Schulz
Impact Factor: 3.842
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 71/256 (Neurosciences); 83/289 (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology)
Online ISSN: 1471-4159
Journal of Neurochemistry focuses on molecular, cellular and biochemical aspects of the nervous system, the pathogenesis of neurological disorders and the development of disease specific biomarkers. It is devoted to the prompt publication of original findings of the highest scientific priority and value that provide novel mechanistic insights, represent a clear advance over previous studies and have the potential to generate exciting future research. See: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jneurochem.
Journal of Neurochemistry publishes full-length presentations of significant original findings, and also narrative and systematic reviews, submitted by investigators at renowned medical and research institutions throughout the world. Articles are published in the following categories:
Gene Regulation & Genetics
Brain Development & Cell Differentiation
Signal Transduction & Synaptic Transmission
Bioenergetics & Metabolism
Neuroinflammation & Neuroimmunology
Neuronal Plasticity & Behavior
Molecular Basis of Disease
Clinical Studies, Biomarkers & Imaging
Journal of Neurochemistry encourages the use of ORCID, a non-profit, community-based effort to uniquely identify authors and link articles and other research activities to specific individuals. Authors have the opportunity to add their ORCID identifier to their user profiles on https://manuscriptcentral.com/jneurochem or upon submission of an article. Once you provide your ORCID identifier, it will be tied to your profile and automatically available for future submissions. Further information can be found on http://orcid.org/
Why publish in Journal of Neurochemistry?
- No submission, page or color charges.
- Online submission through ScholarOne Manuscripts.
- Fast peer-review and publication (~28 days to first decision, 3 days to AcceptedArticles, ~31 days to EarlyView).
- Accepted manuscripts rapidly published online.
- Articles published Early View online ahead of full issue.
- Open access option for authors with Online Open.
- Review articles freely accessible from publication.
- Issues made free online 12 months from publication, back to 1997
- Full archive online back to volume 1, issue 1 (1956)
- Free or low-cost access offered in the developing world through the Research4Life Program and the HINARI initiative with the World Health Organization (WHO).
For author guidelines, click here.
Full archive online
Every issue of Journal of Neurochemistry is available online from volume 1, issue 1 (May 1956). This archive is available free to all International Society for Neurochemistry (ISN) members. Institutions can purchase these backfiles (1956-1996 issues) for a one-off fee for archival rights and access in perpetuity: click here for details. All content from 1997 volumes onwards is made freely available to all users 12 months from publication.
NIH-funded authors and Journal of Neurochemistry
From April 2008, the NIH is mandating grantees to deposit their peer-reviewed author manuscripts in PubMed Central, to be made publicly available within 12 months of publication. The NIH mandate applies to all articles based on research that has been wholly or partially funded by the NIH and that are accepted for publication on or after April 7, 2008.
In order to help authors comply with the NIH mandate, for papers accepted for publication in Journal of Neurochemistry after this date Wiley-Blackwell will post the accepted manuscript (incorporating all amendments made during peer review, but prior to the publisher’s copy-editing and typesetting) of articles by NIH grant-holders to PubMed Central at the point of acceptance by the journal. This version will then be made publicly available in PubMed Central 12 months after publication. Following the deposit Wiley-Blackwell authors will receive further communications from the NIH with respect to the submission. For further information, see here.
If authors wish to make their final published article openly accessible and without a 12 month embargo, they can choose to publish via the Online Open service.
Wellcome and HHMI grantees can find out further information here.
Journal of Neurochemistry, neurochemistry, biochemistry, neuroscience, molecular biology, cell biology, nervous system, pharmacology, histochemistry, immunology
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts in Anthropology (Baywood Publishing)
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- AgBiotech News & Information (CABI)
- AgBiotechNet (CABI)
- AGRICOLA Database (National Agricultural Library)
- Animal Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- ASFA: Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Biochemistry & Biophysics Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- Botanical Pesticides (CABI)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- Chemoreception Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Crop Physiology Abstracts (CABI)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- Dairy Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Forest Products Abstracts (CABI)
- Forestry Abstracts (CABI)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Helminthological Abstracts (CABI)
- Horticultural Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Index Veterinarius (CABI)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Nematological Abstracts (CABI)
- Neurosciences Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series B: Livestock Feeds & Feeding (CABI)
- Pig News & Information (CABI)
- Poultry Abstracts (CABI)
- Protozoological Abstracts (CABI)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Review of Agricultural Entomology (CABI)
- Review of Aromatic & Medicinal Plants (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Entomology (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Mycology (CABI)
- Review of Plant Pathology (CABI)
- Rice Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- Seed Abstracts (CABI)
- Soils & Fertilizers Abstracts (CABI)
- Soybean Abstracts Online (CABI)
- Sugar Industry Abstracts (CABI)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)
- Veterinary Bulletin (CABI)
- Weed Abstracts (CABI)