Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences
© Nordic College of Caring Science
Edited By: Åshild Slettebø and Lennart Fredriksson
Impact Factor: 1.197
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 35/109 (Nursing (Social Science))
Online ISSN: 1471-6712
The Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences is an international peer-reviewed Journal publishing research that has a patient, family or community focus and which promotes an interdisciplinary team approach.
Aims and Scope
Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences is an established quarterly, peer reviewed Journal with an outstanding international reputation. As the official publication of the Nordic College of Caring Science, the Journal shares their mission to contribute to the development and advancement of scientific knowledge on caring related to health, well-being, illness and the alleviation of human suffering.
The emphasis is on research that has a patient, family and community focus and which promotes an interdisciplinary team approach.
Of special interest are scholarly articles addressing and initiating dialogue on theoretical, empirical and methodological concerns related to critical issues. All articles are expected to demonstrate respect for human dignity and accountability to society.
In addition to original research the Journal also publishes reviews, meta-syntheses and meta-analyses.
scandinavian journal of caring sciences, research, science, theory, care, caring, health, well-being, patient, suffering, nursing
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts in Social Gerontology (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- AgeLine Database (EBSCO Publishing)
- AMED: Allied & Complementary Medicine Database (British Library)
- ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CINAHL: Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (EBSCO Publishing)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Health Source Nursing/Academic (EBSCO Publishing)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCO Publishing)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Violence & Abuse Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)