© The Palaeontological Association
Edited By: Andrew Smith, Natural History Museum, London, UK
Impact Factor: 1.804
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 12/48 (Paleontology)
Online ISSN: 1475-4983
Just Published Articles
- A new species of Limnofregata (Pelecaniformes: Fregatidae) from the Early Eocene Wasatch Formation of Wyoming: implications for palaeoecology and palaeobiology
Thomas A. Stidham
Article first published online: 24 OCT 2014 | DOI: 10.1111/pala.12134
- A rare non-trilobite artiopodan from the Guzhangian (Cambrian Series 3) Weeks Formation Konservat-Lagerstätte in Utah, USA
Javier Ortega-Hernández, Rudy Lerosey-Aubril, Carlo Kier and Enrico Bonino
Article first published online: 24 OCT 2014 | DOI: 10.1111/pala.12136
- Taxonomy of the proterosuchid archosauriforms (Diapsida: Archosauromorpha) from the earliest Triassic of South Africa, and implications for the early archosauriform radiation
Martín D. Ezcurra and Richard J. Butler
Article first published online: 20 OCT 2014 | DOI: 10.1111/pala.12130
- Parallel evolution of jugal structures in Devonian athyridide brachiopods
Wen Guo, Yuanlin Sun and Andrzej Baliński
Article first published online: 20 OCT 2014 | DOI: 10.1111/pala.12131
- Eyes and vision in the coeval Furongian trilobites Sphaerophthalmus alatus (Boeck, 1938) and Ctenopyge (Mesoctenopyge) tumida Westergård, 1922, from Bornholm, Denmark
Brigitte Schoenemann and Euan N. K. Clarkson
Article first published online: 3 OCT 2014 | DOI: 10.1111/pala.12128
Virtual Palaeontology Issue 2: Ammonoid Palaeobiology
This, the second in the series of virtual issues of Palaeontology, charts the development of concepts in ammonoid palaeobiology, with reference to nine selected papers published in this journal from 1965 onwards. These cover a broad range of topics: goniatite bed palaeoecology, systematics and evolution in Scaphites, flow dynamics of cephalopod shells, shell growth and differential geometry, septal function, ammonoid assemblage analysis, evolutionary trends, stratocladistics, and soft part preservation.
Click here to read Virtual Palaeontology Issue 2: Ammonoid Palaeobiology
Virtual Palaeontology Issue 1: Origins of Biodiversity
This is the first of a series of virtual issues of Palaeontology, in which we present selections of articles published over the long history of the journal, since 1957. Palaeontology is frequently seen as a journal that is focused only on presenting descriptions and systematic accounts of fossils, but it has also been the venue for articles on wider topics, across themes in macroevolution, palaeoecology, functional morphology and taphonomy, for example.
Click here to read Virtual Palaeontology Issue 1: Origins of Biodiversity
Palaeontology in the news
As of 2015, Palaeontology will only be available online.
Sign up for content alerts now!
Stay up-to-date with the latest issues and content releases, sign up to receive content alerts today!