Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers
© Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers)
Aims and Scope
Transactions is one of the foremost international journals of geographical research. It publishes the very best scholarship from around the world and across the whole spectrum of research in the discipline. In particular, the distinctive role of the journal is to:
- Publish 'landmark' articles that make a major theoretical, conceptual or empirical contribution to the development of geography as an academic discipline.
- Stimulate and shape research agendas in human and physical geography.
- Showcase the contribution of geographical research to advancing knowledge in the social and physical sciences and humanities.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- AgeLine Database (EBSCO Publishing)
- BIAB: British & Irish Archaeological Bibliography (biab online)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- GEOBASE (Elsevier)
- GeoRef (AGI)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- VINITI (All-Russian Institute of Science & Technological Information)