Natural Resources Forum
© United Nations.
Edited By: Mohammad Reza Salamat
Impact Factor: 0.98
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 62/93 (Environmental Studies); 159/210 (Environmental Sciences)
Online ISSN: 1477-8947
Call for Papers
Natural Resources Forum, a United Nations Sustainable Development Journal, a quarterly journal issued by the Division for Sustainable Development of the United Nations, calls for papers as follows:
Special Issue on Sustainable Development in Small Island Developing States
Deadline for submission: 1 April 2013
The United Conference for Sustainable Development (UNCSD, known as Rio+20) called for, “the convening in 2014 of a third international conference on small island developing States, recognizing the importance of coordinated, balanced and integrated actions to address the sustainable development challenges facing small island developing States...”. On this occasion, Natural Resources Forum, a United Nations Sustainable Development Journal calls for papers for a special issue on Sustainable Development in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) for the February 2014 issue. This special issue will focus on possible policy responses to addressing the vulnerability and responding to the development needs of SIDS. Articles submitted for this special issue should focus on applied research and be relevant to policymaking. In line with the editorial line of the Journal, the editorial team will give priority to articles that adopt a sustainable development perspective, i.e. one that considers multiple dimensions (e.g., economic, social, environmental, intergenerational) of problems in an integrated way. Indicative angles of interest include:
- Integrated planning and integrated strategies (e.g., water, energy, food, tourism, waste, and water) for development at the national level;
- Sustainability of tourism, and links between tourism, preservation of environmental assets, and development;
- Management of non-renewable resources (e.g., mining, forestry, oil, fisheries) in SIDS;
- Employment, education, migrations and economic opportunities in small island contexts;
- Relevance of life-cycle management approaches in SIDS (e.g., freshwater, waste);
- Cross–country analyses of specific dimensions of sustainable development relevant to SIDS;
- Approaches to dealing with the vulnerability of small islands to climate change, to sea-level rise, and other challenges;
- Approaches to dealing with economic vulnerability (e.g., volatility of natural resources prices);
- Vulnerability-resilience framework for self-assessment of progress towards sustainable development;
- Regional economic and political integration and international cooperation;
- Role of partnerships as an implementation and engagement mechanism towards sustainable development of SIDS
Articles should contain original material and should be between 6,000 and 8,000 words in length. Contributions to the journal are accepted at the NRF manuscript submission site.
Call for papers for a new series on the themes of the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development at its 20th and 21st sessions, over the 2012-2014 period:
Articles submitted should be relevant to policymaking, and should address the topics from a sustainable development perspective, i.e. treating economic, social, and environmental aspects in an integrated way. Articles centered on the evaluation of global, national and local policies and programmes are encouraged. Angles of interest include cross-cutting themes such as poverty eradication, changing unsustainable patterns of consumption and production, protecting and managing the natural resource base of development, application of integrated planning and policy tools for decision-making, institutions for sustainable development, sustainable development in a globalizing world, and sustainable development of small islands developing states, Africa, or other regions.
Articles should contain original material and should be between 6,000 and 8,000 words in length. Contributions to the journal are accepted at the NRFs manuscript submission site at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/nrf. Questions and comments can be addressed to: Natural Resources Forum A United Nations Sustainable Development Journal e-mail: NRFORUM@un.org
Call for Papers - GENERAL GUIDELINES
Natural Resources Forum - A United Nations Sustainable Development Journal, a quarterly journal issued by the Division for Sustainable Development of the United Nations, calls for papers for upcoming issues. Articles must be based on original research and must be relevant to policy-making. Contributions that inform the global policy debate through pragmatic lessons learned from experience at the local, national, and global levels are encouraged.
Criteria for selection of submitted articles include:
1) Relevance and importance of the topic discussed to sustainable development in general, both in terms of policy impacts and gaps in current knowledge being addressed by the article;
2) Treatment of the topic that incorporates social, economic and environmental aspects of sustainable development, rather than focusing purely on sectoral and/or technical aspects;
3) Articles must contain original material drawn from concrete projects, policy implementation, or literature reviews. Purely theoretical papers are not entertained. Apart from peer-reviewed articles, the journal includes Book Reviews and a Viewpoints section where contributors present different perspectives on a particular topic.
Articles should contain original material and should be between 6,000 and 8,000 words in length. Contributions to the journal are accepted at the NRFs manuscript submission site at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/nrf.
Questions and comments can be addressed to: Natural Resources Forum A United Nations Sustainable Development Journal e-mail: NRFORUM@un.org