© The Lethaia Foundation. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Peter Doyle (Editor-in-Chief), David A.T. Harper, Alan Owen and Brooks B. Britt
Impact Factor: 1.454
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 17/50 (Paleontology)
Online ISSN: 1502-3931
Aims and Scope
Lethaia is a leading international journal that emphasizes new developments and discoveries in palaeobiological and biostratigraphical research.
A formal publication outlet for the International Palaeontological Association (IPA) and the International Commission on Stratigraphy (ICS), Lethaia publishes articles of international interest in the fields of palaeontology and stratigraphy. The articles concentrate on the development of new ideas and methods and descriptions of new features of wide significance rather than routine descriptions.
Palaeobiology and ecostratigraphy are the core topics of the journal. In addition to articles, Lethaia contains shorter contributions in the form of discussions, presentations of current scientific activities, reviews and editorials.
Lethaia was launched in 1968 as a joint venture between scientists in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, with the aim of promoting the development of modern methods in scientific publishing and of providing a medium for rapid publication of well-prepared manuscripts of wide international interest.
Fossils and Strata
Fossils and Strata is an international series of monographs and memoirs in palaeontology and biostratigraphy, complementing Lethaia. You can find more information about the latest issue of Fossils and Strata here or go to the Fossils and Strata main page
Lethaia, palaeontology, paleontology, stratigraphy, microbiology, sedimentology, earth science, paleobiology, paleobiology, palaeogeography, paleogeography, biostratigraphy, fossil, fossils
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts in Anthropology (Baywood Publishing)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- ASFA: Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Index to Statistics (ASA/IMS)
- GEOBASE (Elsevier)
- GeoRef (AGI)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Petroleum Abstracts (University of Tulsa)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Zoological Record (Thomson Reuters)