© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: Marian F. MacDorman, PhD
Impact Factor: 1.867
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 9/114 (Nursing (Social Science)); 11/116 (Nursing (Science)); 39/80 (Obstetrics & Gynecology); 43/120 (Pediatrics)
Online ISSN: 1523-536X
Each quarterly issue of Birth: Issues in Perinatal Care is packed with peer-reviewed articles on the care of childbearing women, infants, and families. This top-ranked journal has been making an impact on this area of research for nearly 40 years.
Aims and Scope
Birth: Issues in Perinatal Care is a multidisciplinary, refereed journal devoted to issues and practices in the care of childbearing women, infants, and families. It is written by and for professionals in maternal and neonatal health, nurses, midwives, physicians, public health workers, doulas, social scientists, childbirth educators, lactation counselors, epidemiologists, and other health caregivers and policymakers in perinatal care.
The aims of Birth are:
- To publish original, well-designed, peer-reviewed research on issues in pregnancy and childbirth.
- To underline the importance of evidence-based research in changing clinical practices.
- To present a forum for discussing current issues in maternal and newborn care.
- While research on all types of birth experiences is encouraged, one special research interest of this journal is in the analysis of the birth experiences of low-risk women.
- To provide review articles on topics of major importance in perinatal care.
birth, obstetrics, gynecology, children, breastfeeding, prenatal, perinatal, VBAC, childbearing, neonatal, newborn, cesarean, episiotomy, breech, babies, obstetrician, nurse-midwife, midwives, journal article, periodical, review
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ProQuest)
- BNI: British Nursing Index (ProQuest)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- CINAHL: Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (EBSCO Publishing)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Clinical Medicine (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Dairy Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Global Health (CABI)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Review of Aromatic & Medicinal Plants (CABI)
- Rural Development Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)