Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
© American Headache Society
Edited By: Thomas N. Ward, MD
Impact Factor: 2.758
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 72/192 (Clinical Neurology)
Online ISSN: 1526-4610
The American Headache Society, founded in 1959, is the nation’s professional organization for those interested in the study and management of headache and face pain. The Society’s objectives are to promote the exchange of information and ideas concerning the causes and treatments of headache and related painful disorders. Educating physicians, health professionals and the public and encouraging scientific research are the primary functions of the Society. AHS activities include an annual scientific meeting, two comprehensive headache symposia, publication of the journal Headache and sponsorship of the American Council for Headache Education (ACHE).
Benefits of membership in the American Headache Society include:
- A subscription to the journal Headache
- Access to the Members Only area of the AHS website, including the online Membership Directory and access to full-text articles from the journal Headache
- Reduced registration fees for the AHS Annual Scientific Meeting and the Scottsdale and Winter Educational Symposia
- The AHS Membership Directory, which contains the names and contact information of over 1,500 AHS members
- Patient education materials from the American Council for Headache Education (ACHE)
- The opportunity to participate with your patients in the activities of ACHE, and become an ACHE Professional Member
More information, including a downloadable membership application, is available here.