Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy
© The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Edited By: Heather Bullock
Impact Factor: 0.532
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 30/41 (Social Issues); 58/62 (Psychology Social)
Online ISSN: 1530-2415
Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy (ASAP) is a journal of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI). The journal is an outlet for psychological and social science scholarship with implications for social action and policy. Under the guidance of an international editorial board, ASAP serves a global audience that includes policy makers and advocates as well as social scientists, students, and the public at large. Articles are published electronically as soon as they are accepted for publication, then in print at the end of every calendar year.
Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy is rated in the top 15% of journals in the category Social Sciences (miscellaneous) in the SCOPUS/SCImago journal rankings at http://bit.ly/ASAPImpactFactor, with an SJR (SCImago Journal Rank) of .047 and a Cites per Doc. (2y) of 1.08 (the latter value is computed using the same formula as Thomson Reuters' Impact Factor).
In addition to a subscription to ASAP, subscribers to the journal also receive a full subscription to Journal of Social Issues (JSI) and Social Issues and Policy Review (SIPR).
Aims and Scope
Recent articles in ASAP have examined social psychological methods in the study of economic and social justice including ageism, heterosexism, racism, sexism, status quo bias and other forms of discrimination, social problems such as climate change, extremism, homelessness, inter-group conflict, natural disasters, poverty, and terrorism, and social ideals such as democracy, empowerment, equality, health, and trust.
Social psychology, Public policy, Community psychology, Disaster psychology, Environmental psychology, Liberation psychology, Media psychology, Peace psychology, Personality psychology, Political psychology, Psychology and Law, School psychology, Human rights, Homelessness, Hunger, Inequality, Poverty, Reproductive rights, Social change, Social class, Unemployment, Empowerment, Civil liberties, Civil rights, Equality, Health policy, Political participation, Social policy, Discrimination, Prejudice, Bias, Ageism, Authoritarianism, Exploitation, Racism, Sexism, Social dominance orientation, Stereotypes, Aggression, Conflict, Hate crimes, Terrorism, Violence, War, Personality, Attitudes, Health and behavior, Identity, Morality, Psychopathology, Self-concept, Stress, Traits, Climate change, Immigration, Migration, Natural disasters, Rural issues, Schools, Transportation, Urban issues, Psychology in the workplace, Demonstration projects, Qualitative methods, Quantitative methods
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- Criminal Justice Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- PAIS: Public Affairs Information Service (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Social Services Abstracts (ProQuest)
- SocINDEX (EBSCO Publishing)
- Sociological Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Sociological Collection (EBSCO Publishing)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- Worldwide Political Sciences Abstracts (ProQuest)