Edited By: Paul M. Ness
Impact Factor: 3.225
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 23/68 (Hematology)
Online ISSN: 1537-2995
Recently Published Issues
Read More on Transfusion News
Check out this article in Transfusion News on the Treatment of Transplant-Associated Thrombotic Microangiopathy. Read the related article "Treatment of thrombotic microangiopathy after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation with recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin" by Fujiwara et al in TRANSFUSION.
Sign up for Email Alerts from Transfusion News today!
Brought to you by AABB and Wiley. Sponsored by Bio-Rad Laboratories and Quotient
Join Us Today!
Members of AABB receive a subscription to TRANSFUSION as a member benefit!
Join AABB today to enjoy this and other great benefits.
Click here to learn more.
AABB is the premier publisher for publications in the blood banking and transfusion medicine field. AABB's high quality publications and practice standards are relevant for today's health-care professionals. Each book in AABB's distinctive collection has been developed based on high standards and understanding of what will benefit you, the blood banking and transfusion medicine professional.
Journal and Society News
Top Ten Cited Articles
TRANSFUSION articles continue to be well cited, demonstrating their highly relevant content. If, for some reason, you did not highlight these articles when first published, now would be a good time to add them to your personal reference collection.
Activity-based costs of blood transfusions in surgical patients at four hospitals (Shander A, et al) 2010;50:753-765.
Transfusion of older stored blood and risk of death: A meta-analysis (Wang D, et al) 2012;52:1184-1195.
Pathogen inactivation and removal methods for plasma-derived clotting factor concentrates (Klamroth R, et al) 2014; 54:1406-1417.
Is fresh-frozen plasma clinically effective? An update of a systematic review of randomized controlled trials (Yang L, et al) 2012;52:1673-1686.
Fibrinogen as a therapeutic target for bleeding: A review of critical levels and replacement therapy (Levy JH, et al) 2014; 54:1389-1405.
Duration of red blood cell storage and survival of transfused patients (Edgren G, et al) 2010;50:1185-1195.
Storage lesion: Role of red blood cell breakdown (Kim-Shapiro DB et al) 2011;51:844-851.
The use of fresh frozen plasma in England:High levels of inappropriate use in adults and children (Stanworth S et al); 51:62-70.
Adoptive transfer and selective reconstitution of streptamer-selected cytomegalovirus-specific CD8+ T cells leads to virus clearance in patients after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplanation (Schmitt M et al) 2011;51:591-599.
Transfusion-associated circulatory overload after plasma transfusion (Narick C, et al) 2012;52:160-165.
TRANSFUSION is again offering continuing medical education (CME) credits for reading select articles in the journal and successfully completing a test on the content.These CME activities also meet the American Board of Pathology’s (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements for Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) [ACGME/MOC category: Medical Knowledge].
Physicians interested in completing the exam should log on to www.wileyhealthlearning.com/trf. Upon successfully finishing the activity, physicians will receive an electronic certificate of completion, which can be printed and saved online under the user's profile.
The program is free to subscribers of the journal.
AABB has released several new resources, all of which are available at www.aabb.org in the MarketPlace.
- Pediatric Transfusion: A Physician’s Handbook, 4th edition, edited by Edward Wong, MD, and Sue Roseff, MD, with handbook series editor Karen King, MD.
- Pediatric Hemotherapy Data card (sets of 10) edited by Edward Wong, MD, and Sue Roseff, MD.
- Standards for Cellular Therapy Services, 7th edition—the first set of AABB standards available through the online Standards Portal.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: A Handbook for Clinicians, 2nd edition, edited by John R. Wingard, MD; Dennis A. Gastineau, MD; Helen L. Leather, BPharm; Edward L. Snyder, MD, FACP; and Zbigniew M. Szczepiorkowski, MD, PhD, FCAP. Available in print or USB or together in a discount package.
- Bundle with special pricing: Blood Transfusion Therapy: A Guide to Blood Component Administration, 3rd edition (flipchart), edited by Nick Bandarenko, MD, and Karen King, MD, together with Blood Component Visual Inspection Guide (AABB/ARC).