Edited By: Paul M. Ness
Impact Factor: 3.042
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 30/70 (Hematology)
Online ISSN: 1537-2995
Recently Published Issues
Read More on Transfusion News
Check out this article in Transfusion News on the Treatment of Transplant-Associated Thrombotic Microangiopathy. Read the related article "Treatment of thrombotic microangiopathy after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation with recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin" by Fujiwara et al in TRANSFUSION.
Sign up for Email Alerts from Transfusion News today!
Brought to you by AABB and Wiley. Sponsored by Bio-Rad Laboratories.
Join Us Today!
Members of AABB receive a subscription to TRANSFUSION as a member benefit!
Join AABB today to enjoy this and other great benefits.
Click here to learn more.
AABB is the premier publisher for publications in the blood banking and transfusion medicine field. AABB's high quality publications and practice standards are relevant for today's health-care professionals. Each book in AABB's distinctive collection has been developed based on high standards and understanding of what will benefit you, the blood banking and transfusion medicine professional.
Journal and Society News
CME CREDITS FOR TRANSFUSION REVIEWERS
We are pleased to announce that TRANSFUSION has begun offering continuing education credits for review activity conducted for the Journal. Through Blackwell Futura Medical Services (an ACCME-accredited division of Wiley) will award AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for reviews that constructively critique an article, help assess its importance and originality, and provide useful recommendations. We have offered this option for a month, and so far the uptake has been strong with over half of reviewers requesting credit.
To claim the CME credits, please answer the following questions in ScholarOne when you submit your review:
- Would you like to claim Reviewer CME?
- Did completing this review improve your knowledge, application of skills, or performance in clinical content/ manuscript review?
- What change in practice will you make as a result of completing this review?
Then, select the number of credits you want to claim for the review.
The Editors will then assess if the review adheres to TRANSFUSION reviewer guidelines; is specific and accurate, complete, and useful in recommendations to both editors and authors; and is consistent, timely, and mindful of the needs of the readers and medical community as a whole. You will be notified within 6 weeks with regard to your application for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
If you have any questions related to the journal’s CME program please contact CME@wiley.com
TRANSFUSION is again offering continuing medical education (CME) credits for reading select articles in the journal and successfully completing a test on the content.These CME activities also meet the American Board of Pathology’s (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements for Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) [ACGME/MOC category: Medical Knowledge].
Physicians interested in completing the exam should log on to www.wileyhealthlearning.com/trf. Upon successfully finishing the activity, physicians will receive an electronic certificate of completion, which can be printed and saved online under the user's profile.
The program is free to subscribers of the journal.
AABB has released several new resources, all of which are available at www.aabb.org in the MarketPlace.
- Investigating Positive DAT Results: A Case Study Approach. Written by Janis R. Hamilton, Susan T. Johnson, and Sally V. Rudmann. Online component provides questions without the answers for self-assessment.
- BUNDLE: Investigating Positive DAT Results: A Case Study Approach AND Antibody Identification: Art or Science? Perfect companion texts from the same authors.
- Patient Blood Management: Multidisciplinary Approaches to Optimizing Care. Edited by Jonathan Waters and Steve Frank. Available in print, digital, or both in a cost-saving bundle.
- Cellular Therapy: Principles, Methods, and Regulations, 2nd ed. Edited by Ellen Areman and Kathy Loper. Available in print, digital, or both in a cost-saving bundle.
- Standards for Molecular Testing for Red Cell, Platelet, and Antigen Testing, 3rd edition. Effective October 1, 2016. Available in print and via the Standards Portal.