Edited By: Paul M. Ness
Impact Factor: 3.042
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 30/70 (Hematology)
Online ISSN: 1537-2995
Recently Published Issues
Read More on Transfusion News
Check out this article in Transfusion News on the Treatment of Transplant-Associated Thrombotic Microangiopathy. Read the related article "Treatment of thrombotic microangiopathy after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation with recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin" by Fujiwara et al in TRANSFUSION.
Sign up for Email Alerts from Transfusion News today!
Brought to you by AABB and Wiley. Sponsored by Bio-Rad Laboratories.
Join Us Today!
Members of AABB receive a subscription to TRANSFUSION as a member benefit!
Join AABB today to enjoy this and other great benefits.
Click here to learn more.
AABB is the premier publisher for publications in the blood banking and transfusion medicine field. AABB's high quality publications and practice standards are relevant for today's health-care professionals. Each book in AABB's distinctive collection has been developed based on high standards and understanding of what will benefit you, the blood banking and transfusion medicine professional.
Journal and Society News
Welcome to a New Associate Editor
Jose Cancelas, MD, from the Hoxworth Blood Center at the University of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, has agreed to become an Associate Editor for TRANSFUSION. His clinical interests are in pediatrics, experimental hematology, and cancer biology, while his research interests include stem cell mobilization. A frequent author and peer reviewer for TRANSFUSION, Cancelas began evaluating submitted manuscripts this month.
TRANSFUSION is again offering continuing medical education (CME) credits for reading select articles in the journal and successfully completing a test on the content.These CME activities also meet the American Board of Pathology’s (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements for Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) [ACGME/MOC category: Medical Knowledge].
Physicians interested in completing the exam should log on to www.wileyhealthlearning.com/trf. Upon successfully finishing the activity, physicians will receive an electronic certificate of completion, which can be printed and saved online under the user's profile.
The program is free to subscribers of the journal.
AABB has released several new resources, all of which are available at www.aabb.org in the MarketPlace.
- Investigating Positive DAT Results: A Case Study Approach. Written by Janis R. Hamilton, Susan T. Johnson, and Sally V. Rudmann. Online component provides questions without the answers for self-assessment.
- BUNDLE: Investigating Positive DAT Results: A Case Study Approach AND Antibody Identification: Art or Science? Perfect companion texts from the same authors.
- Patient Blood Management: Multidisciplinary Approaches to Optimizing Care. Edited by Jonathan Waters and Steve Frank. Available in print, digital, or both in a cost-saving bundle.
- Cellular Therapy: Principles, Methods, and Regulations, 2nd ed. Edited by Ellen Areman and Kathy Loper. Available in print, digital, or both in a cost-saving bundle.
- Standards for Molecular Testing for Red Cell, Platelet, and Antigen Testing, 3rd edition. Effective October 1, 2016. Available in print and via the Standards Portal.