Edited By: Paul M. Ness
Impact Factor: 3.225
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 23/68 (Hematology)
Online ISSN: 1537-2995
Recently Published Issues
Read More on Transfusion News
TransfusionNews.com Video Addresses Platelet Rich Plasma Standards That Are Needed
The July 15th video posting on TransfusionNews.com discusses platelet rich plasma, or PRP. Autologous PRP injections are quite common and are used to aid in wound healing. Autologous PRP injections have become quite common in many clinical settings ranging from the orthopedic setting to dermatology, especially since major athletes such as Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant and Hines Ward have received PRP injections. The video references a review in the July 2015 issue by Claudia S. Cohn, et al.
Sign up for Email Alerts from Transfusion News today!
Brought to you by AABB, Wiley and funded by OrthoClinicalDiagnostics
Join Us Today!
Members of AABB receive a subscription to TRANSFUSION as a member benefit!
Join AABB today to enjoy this and other great benefits.
Click here to learn more.
AABB is the premier publisher for publications in the blood banking and transfusion medicine field. AABB's high quality publications and practice standards are relevant for today's health-care professionals. Each book in AABB's distinctive collection has been developed based on high standards and understanding of what will benefit you, the blood banking and transfusion medicine professional.
Journal and Society News
TRANSFUSIONWelcomes New Associate Editor
Cassandra Josephson, MD, from Emory University, Center for Transfusion and Cellular Therapy, Department of Pathology, and the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, has agreed to become an Associate Editor of TRANSFUSION. Dr. Josephson has been a member of the Editorial Board since 2009 and has completed more than 92 reviews for the journal. Her clinical interests are in pediatrics, blood and tissue services, and hematology/oncology. Her research interests include clinical transfusion medicine and blood safety in hemophilia, sickle cell disease, neonatology, and open-heart surgery.
TRANSFUSION is again offering continuing medical education (CME) credits for reading select articles in the journal and successfully completing a test on the content
Physicians interested in completing the exam should log on to www.wileyhealthlearning.com/trf. Upon successfully finishing the activity, physicians will receive an electronic certificate of completion, which can be printed and saved online under the user's profile.
The program is free to subscribers of the journal.
AABB has released several new resources, all of which are available at www.aabb.org in the MarketPlace.
- Pediatric Transfusion: A Physician’s Handbook, 4th edition, edited by Edward Wong, MD, and Sue Roseff, MD, with handbook series editor Karen King, MD.
- Pediatric Hemotherapy Data card (sets of 10) edited by Edward Wong, MD, and Sue Roseff, MD.
- Standards for Cellular Therapy Services, 7th edition—the first set of AABB standards available through the online Standards Portal.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: A Handbook for Clinicians, 2nd edition, edited by John R. Wingard, MD; Dennis A. Gastineau, MD; Helen L. Leather, BPharm; Edward L. Snyder, MD, FACP; and Zbigniew M. Szczepiorkowski, MD, PhD, FCAP. Available in print or USB or together in a discount package.
- Bundle with special pricing: Blood Transfusion Therapy: A Guide to Blood Component Administration, 3rd edition (flipchart), edited by Nick Bandarenko, MD, and Karen King, MD, together with Blood Component Visual Inspection Guide (AABB/ARC).