Edited By: Paul M. Ness
Impact Factor: 3.225
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 23/68 (Hematology)
Online ISSN: 1537-2995
Recently Published Issues
Read More on Transfusion News
The September 1st video posting on TransfusionNews.com discusses a new drug called idarucizumab, which was developed to reverse the anticoagulant effects of dabigatran.
Sign up for Email Alerts from Transfusion News today!
Brought to you by AABB, Wiley and funded by OrthoClinicalDiagnostics
Join Us Today!
Members of AABB receive a subscription to TRANSFUSION as a member benefit!
Join AABB today to enjoy this and other great benefits.
Click here to learn more.
AABB is the premier publisher for publications in the blood banking and transfusion medicine field. AABB's high quality publications and practice standards are relevant for today's health-care professionals. Each book in AABB's distinctive collection has been developed based on high standards and understanding of what will benefit you, the blood banking and transfusion medicine professional.
Journal and Society News
Abstracts for SABM Meeting in August Issue
The August issue of TRANSFUSION includes the abstract presentations to be given during the Annual Meeting of the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management (SABM). The meeting will be held in Orlando, Florida on September 24-26. The nearly three dozen accepted submissions include abstracts from Turkey, Nigeria, Switzerland, Japan, Serbia, and China—in addition to those from the United States. The topics include blood waste prevention, blood loss from lab testing, support of adults on ECMO therapy, management of massive bleeding, iron overload prevention, PBM programs implemented across large hospital systems, automated preoperative patient evaluation, and many, many more.
TRANSFUSION is again offering continuing medical education (CME) credits for reading select articles in the journal and successfully completing a test on the content
Physicians interested in completing the exam should log on to www.wileyhealthlearning.com/trf. Upon successfully finishing the activity, physicians will receive an electronic certificate of completion, which can be printed and saved online under the user's profile.
The program is free to subscribers of the journal.
AABB has released several new resources, all of which are available at www.aabb.org in the MarketPlace.
- Pediatric Transfusion: A Physician’s Handbook, 4th edition, edited by Edward Wong, MD, and Sue Roseff, MD, with handbook series editor Karen King, MD.
- Pediatric Hemotherapy Data card (sets of 10) edited by Edward Wong, MD, and Sue Roseff, MD.
- Standards for Cellular Therapy Services, 7th edition—the first set of AABB standards available through the online Standards Portal.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: A Handbook for Clinicians, 2nd edition, edited by John R. Wingard, MD; Dennis A. Gastineau, MD; Helen L. Leather, BPharm; Edward L. Snyder, MD, FACP; and Zbigniew M. Szczepiorkowski, MD, PhD, FCAP. Available in print or USB or together in a discount package.
- Bundle with special pricing: Blood Transfusion Therapy: A Guide to Blood Component Administration, 3rd edition (flipchart), edited by Nick Bandarenko, MD, and Karen King, MD, together with Blood Component Visual Inspection Guide (AABB/ARC).