Edited By: Paul M. Ness
Impact Factor: 3.568
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 19/68 (Hematology)
Online ISSN: 1537-2995
Recently Published Issues
Read More on Transfusion News
This video discusses thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, or TTP, which is a serious blood disorder requiring immediate treatment with plasma exchange. TTP is often diagnosed based on the exclusion of other thrombotic microangiopathies. Patients with TTP often present with symptoms including anemia, increased lactate dehydrogenase, and diminished ADAMTS13 activity. Access the corresponding TRANSFUSION article here
Join Us Today!
Members of AABB receive a subscription to TRANSFUSION as a member benefit!
Join AABB today to enjoy this and other great benefits.
Click here to learn more.
AABB is the premier publisher for publications in the blood banking and transfusion medicine field. AABB's high quality publications and practice standards are relevant for today's health-care professionals. Each book in AABB's distinctive collection has been developed based on high standards and understanding of what will benefit you, the blood banking and transfusion medicine professional.
Articles published in TRANSFUSION often continue to provide relevant content for several years. In 2014, the articles most frequently cited in other papers were published in previous years. The Top 10 list below provides insight on the issues and topics that continue to be of interest to readers. Read them for free for a limited time!
1. Activity-Based Costs of Blood Transfusions in Surgical Patients at Four Hospitals
2. Transfusion of Older Stored Blood and Risk of Death: A Meta-Analysis
3. Sialylation-Independent Mechanism Involved in the Amelioration of Murine Immune Thrombocytopenia Using Intravenous Gammaglobulin
4. Initial Experiences with Point-of-Care Rapid Thromboelastography for Management of Life-Threatening Postinjury Coagulopathy
5. Iron Deficiency in Blood Donors: The REDS-II Donor Iron Status Evaluation (RISE) Study
6. Prevalence, Incidence, and Residual Risk of Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Hepatitis C Virus Infections among United States Blood Donors since the Introduction of Nucleic Acid Testing
7. Storage Lesion: Role of Red Blood Cell Breakdown
8. Adoptive Transfer and Selective Reconstitution of Streptamer-Selected Cytomegalovirus-Specific CD8+ T Cells Leads to Virus Clearance in Patients after Allogeneic Peripheral Stem Cell Transplantation
9. Effectiveness and Cost Analysis of “Just in Time” Salvage Plerixafor Administration in Autologous Transplant Patients with Poor Stem Cell Mobilization Kinetics
10. Ten Years of Hemovigilance Reports of Transfusion-Related Acute Lung Injury in the United Kingdom and the Preferential Use of Male Donor Plasma
TRANSFUSION is again offering continuing medical education (CME) credits for reading select articles in the journal and successfully completing a test on the content
Physicians interested in completing the exam should log on to www.wileyhealthlearning.com/trf. Upon successfully finishing the activity, physicians will receive an electronic certificate of completion, which can be printed and saved online under the user's profile.
The program is free to subscribers of the journal.
Don't Miss TransFuse 2015!
Don't miss out on this year's premier PBM conference—TransFuse 2015! The conference takes place in Phoenix on Feb. 11-13 and will highlight state-of-the-art PBM practices, program implementation, and advanced techniques, including managing perioperative hemorrhaging and coagulation that develops during mechanical circulatory support. The full program and online registration are available on the TransFuse 2015 Web page.