Edited By: Paul M. Ness
Impact Factor: 3.225
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 23/68 (Hematology)
Online ISSN: 1537-2995
Recently Published Issues
Read More on Transfusion News
The September 15th video discusses patients that have a weak D phenotype for their Rh blood group antigen. Since the introduction of Rh immunoprophylaxis to prevent maternal-fetal alloimmunization, rates of severe and fatal hemolytic disease of the fetus and newborn have dramatically declined. Although laboratory practices in the United States are not consistent, blood donors and newborns with a serologic weak D phenotype are often classified as RhD-positive, while pregnant females with this same phenotype are treated as RhD-negative to avoid alloimmunization.
Sign up for Email Alerts from Transfusion News today!
Brought to you by AABB, Wiley and funded by OrthoClinicalDiagnostics
Join Us Today!
Members of AABB receive a subscription to TRANSFUSION as a member benefit!
Join AABB today to enjoy this and other great benefits.
Click here to learn more.
AABB is the premier publisher for publications in the blood banking and transfusion medicine field. AABB's high quality publications and practice standards are relevant for today's health-care professionals. Each book in AABB's distinctive collection has been developed based on high standards and understanding of what will benefit you, the blood banking and transfusion medicine professional.
Journal and Society News
TRANSFUSION? There’s an App for That!
TRANSFUSION is now available on your iPad, iPhone and Android devices. Enjoy an entirely new browsing and reading experience, and access the most important developments in transfusion research even faster, no matter where you are:
• Stay current with the latest articles through access to Early View
• Be notified when a new issue is posted
• Download your favorite articles for quick and easy access offline
• Browse, search and bookmark articles from all available issues
• Share links to your favorite articles with colleagues and friends
TRANSFUSION is again offering continuing medical education (CME) credits for reading select articles in the journal and successfully completing a test on the content
Physicians interested in completing the exam should log on to www.wileyhealthlearning.com/trf. Upon successfully finishing the activity, physicians will receive an electronic certificate of completion, which can be printed and saved online under the user's profile.
The program is free to subscribers of the journal.
AABB has released several new resources, all of which are available at www.aabb.org in the MarketPlace.
- Pediatric Transfusion: A Physician’s Handbook, 4th edition, edited by Edward Wong, MD, and Sue Roseff, MD, with handbook series editor Karen King, MD.
- Pediatric Hemotherapy Data card (sets of 10) edited by Edward Wong, MD, and Sue Roseff, MD.
- Standards for Cellular Therapy Services, 7th edition—the first set of AABB standards available through the online Standards Portal.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: A Handbook for Clinicians, 2nd edition, edited by John R. Wingard, MD; Dennis A. Gastineau, MD; Helen L. Leather, BPharm; Edward L. Snyder, MD, FACP; and Zbigniew M. Szczepiorkowski, MD, PhD, FCAP. Available in print or USB or together in a discount package.
- Bundle with special pricing: Blood Transfusion Therapy: A Guide to Blood Component Administration, 3rd edition (flipchart), edited by Nick Bandarenko, MD, and Karen King, MD, together with Blood Component Visual Inspection Guide (AABB/ARC).