Journal of Product Innovation Management
© Product Development and Management Association
Edited By: Gloria Barczak
Impact Factor: 1.572
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 13/44 (Engineering Industrial); 43/116 (Business); 62/174 (Management)
Online ISSN: 1540-5885
The Journal of Product Innovation Management is the leading academic journal devoted to the latest research, theory, and practice in new product and service development. The scope of the journal is broad, taking account of issues that are crucial to successful product innovation in the organization's external and internal environments. The intent is to be informative, thought-provoking and intellectually challenging thereby contributing to the knowledge and practice of new product development and innovation management. It is one of the important benefits of being a PDMA member, although subscriptions are also available directly from the publisher.
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Product Innovation Management is an interdisciplinary, international journal that seeks to advance our theoretical and managerial knowledge of product and service development. The journal publishes original articles on organizations of all sizes (start-ups, small-medium enterprises, large) and from the consumer, business-to-business, and institutional domains. The journal is receptive to all types of quantitative and qualitative methodologies. Authors across the world from diverse disciplines and functional perspectives are welcome to submit to the journal.
Articles published in the journal consist of three types:
• Original research articles including conceptual/theoretical and empirical articles. All research articles are subject to double-blind, refereed peer review.
• “From Experience” articles which describe unique perspectives and approaches to improving new product and service development. These submissions are reviewed by the editor.
• “Perspective” articles which do not fit into the category of original research yet provide value to scholars and/or practitioners. Such submissions might include, but are not limited to, analyses of journals/scholars leading to ranking outcomes, application of theoretical principles to actual firm activities, and thoughtful essays. Manuscripts submitted for this category are also reviewed by the editor.
If you have an idea for a “From Experience” or “Perspective” piece, please contact the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholars, Managers, Executives, New Product Professionals
PDMA, product, services, management, innovation, theory, international, engineering, design, supply chain, manufacturing, marketing, strategy, research, consumer, market, technology, entrepreneurship, new ventures
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- ABI/INFORM Database (ProQuest)
- Advanced Polymers Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Business ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- Ceramic Abstracts/World Ceramic Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Computer & Information Systems Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Civil Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Technology Research Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Engineering, Computing & Technology (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Emerald Management Reviews (Emerald)
- Engineered Materials Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- Ingenta Select
- INSPEC (IET)
- International Aerospace Abstracts & Database (ProQuest)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Materials Business File (ProQuest)
- METADEX (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- VINITI (All-Russian Institute of Science & Technological Information)