Journal of Small Business Management
© International Council for Small Business
Edited By: George T. Solomon
Impact Factor: 1.937
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 65/192 (Management)
Online ISSN: 1540-627X
The International Council for Small Business (ICSB) serves as an umbrella organization that integrates the activities of diverse organizations and professionals who deal directly with small business. An international organization of over 2000 members, it creates and distributes new information on small business management and entrepreneurial development. Ideas drawn from government, education, and commerce are provided to the small business community through the efforts of Council members.
ICSB is committed to a free exchange of ideas and programs through education, research, publications, management development programs and conferences among its members and others for a better understanding of the role and importance of small and medium businesses world-wide.
ICSB is specifically dedicated to:
- Improving management knowledge, techniques, and skills of small businesses throughout the world
- Developing an understanding of business situations throughout the world to promote the free exchange of expertise
- Coordinating and cooperating with the various governmental institutions dedicated to the improvement of small business, wherever they may be in the world
- Publishing learned material to add to the knowledge and expertise of its membership and other interested persons
- Providing conferences wherein members and others can join together to teach and learn about the small business process
- Stimulating people, governments, institutions, and private businesses to lead in the development, dissemination, and implementation of sound business practices
- Advocating the formation and growth of small businesses as a mechanism for economic growth and development