© Phi Alpha Theta
Edited By: Kees Boterbloem
Online ISSN: 1540-6563
As The Historian celebrates its 72nd year of continuous publication, the journal continues to publish a diverse collection of high-quality original articles and debate on historical scholarship and current historiography. The Historian’s extensive book review section (approximately 100 pages per issue) covers a broad array of recently published scholarly monographs to provide the reader with an up-to-date survey of all fields of historical study. With more than 13,000 individual and institutional subscribers, The Historian brings the many strands of historical analysis together in one authoritative journal.As part of its commitment to diversity and scholarship, The Historian encourages submissions from all levels of the historical profession and from all regional, temporal and thematic fields of history.
Aims and Scope
Founded in 1938, The Historian has one of the largest circulations of any scholarly journal in the US or Britain with over 13,000 paid subscribers, both individual and institutional. The Historian seeks to publish only the finest of contemporary and relevant historical scholarship. It is the commitment of The Historian to serve as an integrator for the historical profession, bringing together the many strands of historical analysis through the publication of a diverse collection of articles.
The Historian is also committed to promoting a comprehensive understanding of current historiographical debates and the most recent scholarship on contemporary historical concerns. In addition to its renown for the publication of original articles, The Historian is noted for its extensive book review section. Running at an average of 100 pages per issue, and reflecting the general scope of the journal, this section covers a broad array of recently published scholarly monographs affording the reader an up to date survey of all fields of historical study.
As part of its commitment to diversity and scholarship, The Historian encourages submissions from all levels of the historical profession and from all regional, temporal and thematic fields of history.
General Historians at any level of scholarship.
historian, the, history, phi, alpha, theta, honor, society , historical, culture, ethnicity, ideology, national, politics, government, international, economic, strategic, scholarly, research, book, reviews, online, intellectual, learning
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- America: History & Life (EBSCO Publishing)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- CatchWord (Publishing Technology)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Arts & Humanities (Thomson Reuters)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- Historical Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- MasterFILE Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- OmniFile Full Text Mega Edition (HW Wilson)
- OmniFile Full Text Select (HW Wilson)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Discovery (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Platinum (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature (RILM)
- Worldwide Political Sciences Abstracts (ProQuest)