Journal of Cardiac Surgery
© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: Harold L. Lazar, MD
Impact Factor: 0.783
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 112/124 (Cardiac & Cardiovascular Systems); 156/199 (Surgery)
Online ISSN: 1540-8191
The Journal of Cardiac Surgery (JCS) is a peer-reviewed, international publication devoted to contemporary surgical treatment of cardiac disease. Renowned for its detailed 'how to' methods, JCS provides well-illustrated, concise technical articles, critical reviews and commentaries that are highly valued by dedicated readers worldwide.
JCS features timely material on hot topics such as:
- OPCAB Surgery
- stented and stentless valves
- endovascular stent placement
- atrial fibrillation
- percutaneous valve repair/replacement
- left ventricular restoration surgery
- bridges to transplant and recovery
Aims and Scope
Journal of Cardiac Surgery (JCS) is a peer-reviewed journal devoted to contemporary surgical treatment of cardiac disease. Renown for its detailed "how to" methods, JCS's well-illustrated, concise technical articles, critical reviews and commentaries are highly valued by dedicated readers worldwide.
With Editor-in-Chief Harold Lazar, MD and an internationally prominent editorial board, JCS continues its 20-year history as an important professional resource. Editorial coverage includes biologic support, mechanical cardiac assist and/or replacement and surgical techniques, and features current material on topics such as OPCAB surgery, stented and stentless valves, endovascular stent placement, atrial fibrillation, transplantation, percutaneous valve repair/replacement, left ventricular restoration surgery, immunobiology, and bridges to transplant and recovery.
In addition, special sections (Images in Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac Regeneration) and historical reviews stimulate reader interest. The journal also routinely publishes proceedings of important international symposia in a timely manner.
cardiac, surgery, thoracic, veins, cardiology, heart, vascular, cardiovascular, chest, journal, article, periodical, review, study
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)