© Family Process Institute
Edited By: Jay Lebow
Impact Factor: 2.187
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 8/43 (Family Studies); 41/121 (Psychology Clinical)
Online ISSN: 1545-5300
Aims and Scope
Family Process is an international, multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal committed to publishing original articles, including theory and practice, philosophical underpinnings, qualitative and quantitative clinical research, and training in couple and family therapy, family interaction, and family relationships with networks and larger systems.
Since its inception over four decades ago, Family Process has become a major resource for mental health and social service professionals who are seeking cutting edge research and clinical ideas about family and systems theory and practice.
The editorial advisory board comprises outstanding thinkers, researchers and practitioners drawn from an international arena, reflecting our intention and capacity to publish articles with world wide relevance.
Articles are expected to be both scholarly and accessible, and written in jargon-free prose.
The journal strives for a dynamic interaction between theory/practice and research, such that articles on theory and practice inform future research, and research articles contribute to the development of meaningful theory and practice.
The Family Process Institute web site, www.familyprocess.org, promotes an open forum for interactive dialogue based on journal content.
Guidelines for submissions to Family Process may be found by clicking on the 'For Authors' link on the left, as well as in every issue of the journal.
family, family process, social work, counseling, therapy, family therapy, mental health, social service, sociology, psychology, family theory, systems theory
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts in Anthropology (Sage)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CINAHL: Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (EBSCO Publishing)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- Health Source Nursing/Academic (EBSCO Publishing)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- PASCAL Database (INIST/CNRS)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Family Health (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Health & Medical Complete (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Medical Library (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Psychology Journals (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCO Publishing)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Social Care Online (Social Care Institute for Excellence)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Social Services Abstracts (ProQuest)
- SocINDEX (EBSCO Publishing)
- Sociological Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Sociological Collection (EBSCO Publishing)
- Violence & Abuse Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)