Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica
© John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Povl Munk-Jørgensen
Impact Factor: 4.857
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 12/121 (Psychiatry (Social Science)); 18/135 (Psychiatry)
Online ISSN: 1600-0447
Aims and Scope
Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica acts as an international forum for the dissemination of information advancing the science and practice of psychiatry. In particular we focus on ‘translating’ frontline research into useful updating information for the benefit of clinical psychiatry and clinical psychiatric research. Also translational neuroscience research is a topic of growing importance to our readers.
Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica publishes high-quality, scientific articles in English, representing clinical and experimental work in psychiatry. Original articles are welcomed, especially those that bring new knowledge or extend the present understanding of mental disorders. Equal priority is given to review articles/meta-analyses and clinical overview articles.
Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica is a truly international journal which publishes papers of the highest quality from around the world. Published monthly, each issue is designed to ensure that you are kept fully aware of all important developments in both clinical and research settings, as well as concentrating on their implications for the advancement of the specialty. The publications cover all areas of modern psychiatry. All manuscripts published have been assessed by at least two experienced referees.
Debate within psychiatry is encouraged in the form of Letters to the Editor, commentaries and discussion papers.
- Average assessment time from receipt of manuscript to a publishing decision is 8-10 weeks, while the time from acceptance to publication is on average 1 – 1½ month for online publication and 4 – 5 months for hard copy publication.
- Your manuscript will be handled by a dedicated and professional team.
- The journal enjoys broad, international appeal.
Psychiatry, mental disorders, mental health, neuropsychiatry
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts in Anthropology (Baywood Publishing)
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- AgeLine Database (EBSCO Publishing)
- BIOBASE: Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Elsevier)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Clinical Medicine (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Global Health (CABI)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Helminthological Abstracts (CABI)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Ingenta Select
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Leisure Tourism Database (CABI)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Neurosciences Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- PASCAL Database (INIST/CNRS)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Health & Medical Complete (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- Protozoological Abstracts (CABI)
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCO Publishing)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PSYNDEX (ZPID)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Rural Development Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- The RECAL Legacy (National Centre for Prosthetics & Orthodontics)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)