Arabian Archaeology and Epigraphy
© John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: D.T. Potts
Online ISSN: 1600-0471
Aims and Scope
In recent years the Arabian peninsula has emerged as one of the major new frontiers of archaeological research in the Old World. Arabian Archaeology and Epigraphy is a forum for the publication of studies in the archaeology, epigraphy, numismatics, and early history of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
Both original articles and short communications in English, French, and German are published, ranging in time from prehistory to the Islamic era. In addition, studies touching on different parts of the region and their relations with neighbouring areas such as Africa, the Levant, Mesopotamia, Iran, and the Indus Valley are invited. Studies pertaining more directly to these areas, however, will only be considered if the link to the Arabian peninsula is clear and of central importance.
Contributions concerned with inscriptions from the Arabian peninsula, whether recorded in the field or housed in public and private collections around the world, will also be welcomed. Review articles will appear periodically.
Arabian Archaeology and Epigraphy is essential reading for all archaeologists, historians, philologists, and numismatists concerned with the ancient Near East. It is of interest to students of classical antiquity, Egyptology, and south Asian archaeology. We hope that the articles published in this journal will enrich our understanding of Arabia from the period of its earliest human occupation to the Middle Ages, and that existence of a forum for studies on the Arabian peninsula will give added impetus to research in this field.
Arabian, archaeology, epigraphy, gulf, site, report, field, figure, Greek, Latin, Roman, Arabic, near, east, middle, east, dig, translation, interpretation, Aramaic, cuneiform, artefact
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- Anthropological Literature (Harvard University)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Arts & Humanities (Thomson Reuters)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Research Alert (Thomson Reuters)