International Journal of Nursing Knowledge
© 2014 NANDA International
Edited By: Jane Flanagan, PhD, ANP-BC
Impact Factor: 0.286
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 99/104 (Nursing (Social Science)); 102/106 (Nursing (Science))
Online ISSN: 2047-3095
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Nursing Knowledge, the official journal of NANDA International, is a peer-reviewed publication for key professionals committed to discovering, understanding and disseminating nursing knowledge.
The Journal aims to clarify the knowledge base of nursing and improve patient safety by developing and disseminating nursing diagnoses and standardized nursing languages, and promoting their clinical use. It seeks to encourage education in clinical reasoning, diagnosis, and assessment and ensure global consistency in conceptual languages.
The International Journal of Nursing Knowledge is an essential information resource for healthcare professionals concerned with developing nursing knowledge and /or clinical applications of standardized nursing languages in nursing research, education, practice, and policy.
The Journal accepts papers which contribute significantly to international nursing knowledge, including concept analyses, original and applied research, review articles and international and historical perspectives, and welcomes articles discussing clinical challenges and guidelines, education initiatives, and policy initiatives.
Supporting the Journal is a board of international experts who ensure that only the most current and comprehensive research is published to improve nursing knowledge and standardized language development internationally.
The International Journal of Nursing Knowledge is indexed by MEDLINE and CINAHL.
International, Journal, Nursing, Terminologies, Knowledge, terminology, taxonomy, healthcare, dictionary, Classifications, diagnosis, NANDA, RN terms, RN glossary, standardized terminology, medical informatics, informatics, health
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- CINAHL: Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (EBSCO Publishing)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Health Source Nursing/Academic (EBSCO Publishing)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Discovery (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Medical Library (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)