Annals of Applied Biology
© Association of Applied Biologists
Edited By: Simon Leather
Impact Factor: 2.103
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 5/57 (Agriculture Multidisciplinary)
Online ISSN: 1744-7348
Recently Published Issues
Read the latest Virtual Issue from Annals of Applied Biology on
Crop Nitrogen Use Efficiency
Over the past 10 years, the Annals of Applied Biology has published a number of papers on research which is relevant to increasing crop NUE. 12 of these papers are described here and are presented in full in the Annals of Applied Biology Virtual Issue Crop Nitrogen Use Efficiency
Click here to read other Virtual Issues from Annals of Applied Biology.
Association of Applied Biologists Member Benefits
The AAB provides:
• Members of the AAB can publish in the Wiley/AAB Open Access journal, Food and Energy Security, for just £500.
• A forum for applied biologists worldwide: network with the best in your specialism.
• Regular scientific conferences and workshops across the AAB's research interests.
• Reduced subscriptions to AAB publications.
• 20% discounts on Wiley-Blackwell publications.
• Significant discounts on registration for AAB events.
• Student travel grants.
• Website, regular newsletter and emails with information on AAB activities.
• Discounted membership to the Society of Biology.
• 50% discounted membership to the European Society of Agronomy.
An Announcement from Simon Leather, Editor-in-Chief:
"Despite our wide appeal to applied biologists across the world, there are two areas in which we have published relatively few papers, forestry and vertebrates. We have published only seven forestry-related papers since 2010 and it is notable that in the same time period we have not published a single paper on birds as agricultural pests, or indeed on how to encourage more beneficial birds into our agricultural landscape. I would very much like this situation to be rectified over the next 5 years.
I would also like to see more papers being submitted from farmland ecologists, which would include general biodiversity papers; effects of Agri-Environment Schemes (AES) schemes on farmland birds, etc. The Association of Applied Biologists has sponsored a number of conferences in these areas over the last few years, and short summaries of the presented papers have appeared in the very successful Aspectsseries. Unfortunately, however, the full versions have not been submitted to the Annals. With our new raised impact factor I hope that we will now be seen as an attractive journal choice for farmland ecologists.
Although we publish a number of biological control papers, I am keen to see more submissions in this exciting and topical area of research, particularly those studies dealing with the suppression of weeds using insects and plant pathogens. Given the increased public awareness of the potential dangers of overuse of chemical pesticides and the EU stance on pesticide usage, integrated pest management and biological control are even more important than ever."
The journal publishes original research papers on all aspects of applied research on crop production, crop protection and the cropping ecosystem. Annals contribute substantially to the advancement of knowledge and may, among others, encompass the scientific disciplines of:
Agronomy | Agrienvironmental sciences | Applied genomics | Biodiversity | Biological control | Climate change| Crop ecology| Entomology | Genetic manipulation | Mycology | Nematology | Pests | Plant pathology | Plant breeding & genetics | Plant physiology | Post harvest biology | Soil science | Virology | Weed biology
The Annals is committed to providing the best possible service to journal authors and encourage authors to register for the Wiley-Blackwell Author Services. The service offers:
- Online article tracking through production with optional e-alerts at key stages
- Information on how to nominate up to 10 colleagues to receive FREE online access to your article
- Author guidelines by journal
- Resources, FAQs and tips on article preparation, submission, artwork, copyright, offprints etc.
- Free online access to your article when it is published online
- 25% discount on Wiley books
Visit Author Services site for further details.