Annals of Applied Biology
© Association of Applied Biologists
Edited By: Jari Valkonen
Impact Factor: 2.147
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 4/57 (Agriculture Multidisciplinary)
Online ISSN: 1744-7348
Recently Published Issues
Read the latest Virtual Issue from Annals of Applied Biology on
Positive plant microbial interactions
Greater utilisation of microorganisms in agricultural systems has the potential to allow reductions in the use of inorganic fertilisers, water, herbicides and pesticides. Here, we introduce a Virtual Special Issue of Annals of Applied Biology featuring seven recently published papers in this journal, which focused on the utilisation of positive plant microbial interactions in agricultural systems. We also highlight cases within and outside these papers where microorganisms have been utilised as a viable alternative to chemical inputs into agricultural systems or have had a substantial impact on chemical losses from them.
Click here to read other Virtual Issues from Annals of Applied Biology.
Association of Applied Biologists Member Benefits
The AAB provides:
· 20% discount for members to publish in new AAB / Wiley-Blackwell journal Food and Energy Security.
· A forum for applied biologists worldwide: network with the best in your specialism.
· Regular scientific conferences and workshops across the AAB's research interests.
· Reduced subscriptions to AAB publications.
· 20% discounts on Wiley-Blackwell publications.
· Significant discounts on registration for AAB events.
· Student travel grants.
· Website, regular newsletter and emails with information on AAB activities.
· Discounted membership to the Society of Biology.
· 50% discounted membership to the European Society of Agronomy.
Annals of Applied BiologyCentenary
The Journal will be 100 years old in 2014, celebrating a century of applied agronomy research!
To commemorate this important year in the Journal's history, in 2014 a series of key articles from the Journal backfiles will be highlighted, alongside contemporary reviews of each article's legacy and future directions within its field of research. These key articles and their responses will be collected into a Virtual Special Issue, and made free to read online.
Watch this space for further developments as the Journal celebrates its centenary in 2014!
The journal publishes original research papers on all aspects of applied research on crop production, crop protection and the cropping ecosystem. Annals contribute substantially to the advancement of knowledge and may, among others, encompass the scientific disciplines of:
Agronomy | Agrienvironmental sciences | Applied genomics | Biodiversity | Biological control | Climate change| Crop ecology| Entomology | Genetic manipulation | Mycology | Nematology | Pests | Plant pathology | Plant breeding & genetics | Plant physiology | Post harvest biology | Soil science | Virology | Weed biology
The Annals is committed to providing the best possible service to journal authors and encourage authors to register for the Wiley-Blackwell Author Services. The service offers:
- Online article tracking through production with optional e-alerts at key stages
- Information on how to nominate up to 10 colleagues to receive FREE online access to your article
- Author guidelines by journal
- Resources, FAQs and tips on article preparation, submission, artwork, copyright, offprints etc.
- Free online access to your article when it is published online
- 25% discount on Wiley books
Visit Author Services site for further details.