Journal of Sensory Studies
© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: Edgar Chambers IV
Impact Factor: 2.583
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 22/123 (Food Science & Technology)
Online ISSN: 1745-459X
Read the international journal that publishes human reactions to basic tastes on foods, beverages, wine, liquor/beer, the environment, medications, and other human exposures in every day life. This is the journal you’ll read for the latest information on experimental design methods and statistical analysis of data on human reactions. Subscribe today!
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Sensory Studies is the only ISI-ranked, multi-disciplinary journal to focus on observational and experimental studies in the application of sensory science to food, nutrition, personal care, cosmetics, textiles/fabrics, winery, and healthcare across the range of consumer products.
The purpose of the Journal of Sensory Studies is to promote technical and practical advancements in sensory science, a multidisciplinary area that includes food science and technology, psychology/psychophysics, statistics, biology of basic taste, consumer science, material science (textiles/fabrics), marketing research, and other allied areas. Readers in academia, food and beverage companies, personal care product companies, wineries, and ingredient companies depend on this journal for the latest information on experimental design methods, quality control, and statistical analysis of data on human reactions.
The journal accepts original research and review articles, as well as expository and tutorial papers. Articles often focus on observational and experimental studies in the application of sensory science to the food and beverage, medical, agricultural, biological, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and material sciences industries, including:
- New Developments in Sensory Methods. Articles relating to the types of methods and studies in sensory and consumer research, taste discrimination, descriptive analysis, difference and similarity testing, time-intensity curves, carry-over effects, trained/expert vs. consumer, questionnaire design, product optimization, acceptance/preference mapping, and computer application.
- Consumer and Product Acceptability Studies. Articles looking closely at the studies of consumer focus groups, and regional, gender-based, and age-based preferences of food and other consumer goods.
- Applied Psychophysics. Articles relating to rating scales and the psychology of human sensory responses to food and various consumer products and services.
Papers address both theoretical and practical problems on applications of sensory science and their possible approaches to problem resolution, external and internal validity of research guidance panel, descriptive analysis, word meaning/semantic differential technique as applied to sensory science, product category appraisal, philosophies, and controversies in sensory science. The journal also encourages submissions on medical and health care research.
Sensory Science, Food Science, Psychology, Psychophysics, Statistics, Taste, Consumer Science, Market Research, Material Science, Quality Control
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- AGRICOLA Database (National Agricultural Library)
- Animal Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- ASFA: Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- Chemoreception Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Dairy Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Field Crop Abstracts (CABI)
- Food Science & Technology Abstracts™ (IFIS)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Horticultural Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Index Veterinarius (CABI)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Maize Abstracts (CABI)
- Neurosciences Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- Ornamental Horticulture (CABI)
- Pig News & Information (CABI)
- Plant Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Plant Genetic Resources Abstracts (CABI)
- Plant Growth Regulator Abstracts (CABI)
- Postharvest News & Information (CABI)
- Potato Abstracts (CABI)
- Poultry Abstracts (CABI)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Review of Aromatic & Medicinal Plants (CABI)
- Rice Abstracts (CABI)
- Rural Development Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Seed Abstracts (CABI)
- Soybean Abstracts Online (CABI)
- Sugar Industry Abstracts (CABI)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)
- Veterinary Bulletin (CABI)
- Viticulture & Enology Abstracts (Vitis)
- Wheat, Barley & Triticale Abstracts (CABI)
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)