Chemical Biology & Drug Design
© John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: David Selwood
Impact Factor: 2.507
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 28/58 (Chemistry Medicinal); 173/291 (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology)
Online ISSN: 1747-0285
Recently Published Issues
Computer-Aided Drug Discovery Approach Finds Calcium Sensitizer of Cardiac TroponinSteffen Lindert, Monica X. Li, Brian D. Sykes and J. Andrew McCammon
In the fight against heart failure, therapeutics that increase the calcium sensitivity of the thin filament are a promising option to improve heart contractile power. Here, we combined computational drug discovery methods and solution NMR titration assays to identify a novel calcium sensitizer which binds to cTnC and the cTnC-cTnI147–163 complex. Its presence increases the affinity of switch peptide to cTnC by approximately a factor of two, making its action comparable to that of known levosimendan analogues.
This issue’s Editor’s Choice was chosen by Masahiro Okuyama
Publish with CB & DD
Reasons to publish with CB & DD
• Rapid review and publishing: 30 days on average from submission to first decision. We discourage reviewers from requesting “additional experiments”.
• Simple initial submission process, can load a single PDF.
• Fully indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE, Chemical Abstracts etc.
• International editors from different specialities to oversee the review process.
• No page charges for first seven (typeset) pages, no charge for colour figures.
• Open Access publication option.
• Compliant to NIH, RCUK and other major funding bodies policies.