Chemical Biology & Drug Design
© John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: David Selwood
Impact Factor: 2.282
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2011: 30/59 (Chemistry Medicinal); 182/290 (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology)
Online ISSN: 1747-0285
Publish with CB & DD
Reasons to publish with CB & DD
• Rapid review and publishing: 30 days on average from submission to first decision. We discourage reviewers from requesting “additional experiments”.
• Simple initial submission process, can load a single PDF.
• Fully indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE, Chemical Abstracts etc.
• International editors from different specialities to oversee the review process.
• No page charges for first seven (typeset) pages, no charge for colour figures.
• Open Access publication option.
• Compliant to NIH, RCUK and other major funding bodies policies.
Recently Published Articles
- Synthesis, characterisation and biological evaluation of 99mTc(CO)3 labeled peptides for potential use as tumor targeted radiopharmaceuticals
Rinku Baishya, Dipak Kumar Nayak, Nabanita Chatterjee, Kamal Krishna Halder, Sanmoy Karmakar and Mita Chatterjee Debnath
Accepted manuscript online: 17 MAY 2013 04:25AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/cbdd.12166
Three linear peptides were synthesised by changing the amino acid sequence of RGD motif and radiolabeled with freshly prepared [99mTc(CO)3(H2O)3]+ precursor (yield ˜ 97%). Radiolabeled peptides were substantially stable up to 24 h when incubated with saline, serum and histidine solution (10-2 M), also exhibited significant and rapid internalization in both EAC and αvβ3-positive B16F10 mouse melanoma cell line. Fast blood clearance, rapid urinary excretion and significantly high tumor to muscle ratios are encouraging enough to carry out further experiments for targeting tumor.
- Synthesis and Cytotoxicity Studies of Novel Triazolo-benzoxazepine as New Anticancer Agents
Biswadip Banerji, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Priyankar Sanphui, Sameer Nikhar and Subhas Chandra Biswas
Accepted manuscript online: 15 MAY 2013 03:16AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/cbdd.12164
The one pot procedure for the efficient synthesis of a small library of Novel triazolo-benzoxazepine. These comp ounds were evaluated for anticancer activity against three different cancer lines(Neura 2a, Hek 293, Hep G2). The phase-contrast images, fluorescent microscope images and confocal images unambiguously confirm the cell-death.
- Synthesis, anti-MRSA and anti-VRE activity of hemin conjugates with amino acids and branched peptides
S.A Okorochenkov, G.A. Zheltukhina, E.P. Mirchink, E.B. Isakova, A.V. Feofanov and V.E. Nebolsin
Accepted manuscript online: 11 MAY 2013 10:11AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/cbdd.12163
The number of hemin conjugates with amino acids and branched peptides were synthesized. High antibacterial activity of synthesized compounds against Gram positive bacteria including methicillin - and vancomycin-resistant strains was shown. Hemolytic and cytotoxic assays indicated that majority of synthesized conjugates possess lower toxicity and hemolytic activity than hemin.
- Design, Synthesis and Evaluation of Indolebutylamines as a Novel Class of Selective Dopamine D3 Receptor Ligands
Peng Du, Lili Xu, Jiye Huang, Kunqian Yu, Rui Zhao, Bo Gao, Hualiang Jiang, Weili Zhao, Xuechu Zhen and Wei Fu
Accepted manuscript online: 11 MAY 2013 10:11AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/cbdd.12158
Using a strategy that combines synthetic chemistry, binding assays and a set of computational approach, we designed a series of indolebutylamine (IBA) derivatives as a new type of highly selective D3R liands. Molecular determinants critical to the binding specificity and selectivity of D3R were identified and the SAR was investigated to understand the recognition of this type of D3R ligands.
- In-vitro study of isoflavones and isoflavans as potent inhibitors of human 12- and 15-lipoxygenases
Carolina Mascayano, Victoria Espinosa, Silvia Sepúlveda-Boza, Eric K. Hoobler and Steve Perry
Accepted manuscript online: 11 MAY 2013 10:10AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/cbdd.12157