Chemical Biology & Drug Design
© John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: David Selwood
Impact Factor: 2.485
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 28/59 (Chemistry Medicinal); 164/289 (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology)
Online ISSN: 1747-0285
Recently Published Issues
Nucleoside analogues (NSAs) were among the first chemotherapeutic agents and could also be useful for manipulation of cell fate. For screening of NSAs that influence neuronal differentiation, we developed a novel phenotypic assay based on a human neuron-committed teratocarcinoma cell line (NT2) as a model for neuronal progenitors. In a small scale screen we tested a panel of structurally related NSAs and report that NSAs with highest activity carried a halogen substituent at their pyrimidine nucleobase and an unmodified or 2′-O-methyl substituted 2-deoxy-β-D-ribofuranosyl residue as glyconic moiety.
This issue’s Editor’s Choice was chosen by David Selwood
Publish with CB & DD
Reasons to publish with CB & DD
• Rapid review and publishing: 30 days on average from submission to first decision. We discourage reviewers from requesting “additional experiments”.
• Simple initial submission process, can load a single PDF.
• We will consider any reasonable article format at this stage.
• Fully indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE, Chemical Abstracts etc.
• International editors from different specialities to oversee the review process.
• No page charges for first seven (typeset) pages, no charge for colour figures.
• Open Access publication option.
• Compliant to NIH, RCUK and other major funding bodies policies.