Chemical Biology & Drug Design
© John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: David Selwood
Impact Factor: 2.507
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 28/58 (Chemistry Medicinal); 173/291 (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology)
Online ISSN: 1747-0285
Recently Published Issues
Specific interaction between Mycobacterium tuberculosis lipoprotein-derived peptides and target cells inhibits mycobacterial entry invitroMarisol Ocampo, Hernando Curtidor, Magnolia Vanegas, Manuel Alfonso Patarroyo, Manuel Elkin Patarroyo
This article presents results obtained with peptides from four lipoproteins : LprG, LpqH, LppC and LppN. Using a robust, highly specific and sensitive methodology was possible to identifying selected M. tuberculosis H37Rv protein sequences having high specific target cell binding ability, named high activity binding peptides (HABPs). HABPs which inhibited mycobacteria entry to U937 monocyte and A549epithelial cells were taken into account for further studies concerning their immunogenic properties to consider whether to include them in our vaccine approach.
This issue’s Editor’s Choice was chosen by Roberta Melander.
Publish with CB & DD
Reasons to publish with CB & DD
• Rapid review and publishing: 30 days on average from submission to first decision. We discourage reviewers from requesting “additional experiments”.
• Simple initial submission process, can load a single PDF.
• Fully indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE, Chemical Abstracts etc.
• International editors from different specialities to oversee the review process.
• No page charges for first seven (typeset) pages, no charge for colour figures.
• Open Access publication option.
• Compliant to NIH, RCUK and other major funding bodies policies.