Chemical Biology & Drug Design
© John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: David Selwood
Impact Factor: 2.802
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 26/59 (Chemistry Medicinal); 138/289 (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology)
Online ISSN: 1747-0285
Recently Published Issues
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) uses non-toxic dyes called photosensitizers (PS) and harmless visible light that combine to form highly toxic reactive oxygen species that kill cells. PS are often tetrapyrrole macrocycles including porphyrins, chlorins, bacteriochlorins, and phthalocyanines. We discuss drug-design parameters including hydrophobicity, charge, molecular asymmetry that influence subcellular localization and pharmacokinetics.
This issue’s Editor’s Choice was chosen by David Selwood
Publish with CB & DD
Reasons to publish with CB & DD
• Rapid review and publishing: 30 days on average from submission to first decision. We discourage reviewers from requesting “additional experiments”.
• Simple initial submission process, can load a single PDF.
• We will consider any reasonable article format at this stage.
• Fully indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE, Chemical Abstracts etc.
• International editors from different specialities to oversee the review process.
• No page charges for first seven (typeset) pages, no charge for colour figures.
• Open Access publication option.
• Compliant to NIH, RCUK and other major funding bodies policies.