Chemical Biology & Drug Design
© John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: David Selwood
Impact Factor: 2.507
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 28/58 (Chemistry Medicinal); 173/291 (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology)
Online ISSN: 1747-0285
Recently Published Issues
Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of 2-oxo-pyrazine-3-carboxamide-yl Nucleoside Analogues and Their Epimers as Inhibitors of Influenza A VirusesJingjing Gao, Xianjin Luo, Yuhuan Li, Rongmei Gao, Haifeng Chen and Dingjue Ji
Novel 2-oxo-pyrazine-3-carboxamide-yl nucleoside analogues and their epimers were designed, synthesized, and evaluated for their activities against influenza A viruses H1N1 and H3N2 in MDCK cells. All the compounds showed low cytotoxicities in these anti-influenza tests. One of the epimers 8a shows high antiviral activity (IC50 = 7.41, 5.63 μm for H3N2 and H1N1, respectively) and remarkable low cytotoxicity (TC50 > 200 μm). Molecular docking of compound 8a with RNA-dependent RNA polymerase was performed to understand the binding mode between these inhibitors and the active site of RdRp.
This issue’s Editor’s Choice was chosen by Masahiro Okuyama
Publish with CB & DD
Reasons to publish with CB & DD
• Rapid review and publishing: 30 days on average from submission to first decision. We discourage reviewers from requesting “additional experiments”.
• Simple initial submission process, can load a single PDF.
• Fully indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE, Chemical Abstracts etc.
• International editors from different specialities to oversee the review process.
• No page charges for first seven (typeset) pages, no charge for colour figures.
• Open Access publication option.
• Compliant to NIH, RCUK and other major funding bodies policies.