© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Brandi Denison
Online ISSN: 1749-8171
Aims and Scope
Unique in its range, Religion Compass is an online-only journal publishing original, peer-evaluated, state-of-the-art surveys of current research from across the entire discipline. Religion Compass guides students, researchers and non-specialist scholars through the accumulating body of literature, and navigates the field by laying out the territory, describing divisions and subdivisions of Religious Studies and identifying the major issues within those sections.
…supports your research with new articles published every month, sourced from an international scholarly community. Gain an introduction to new fields, an overview of unfamiliar topics, and familiarity with the latest scholarship and debate.
…informs your teaching with lively original articles that are quickly and continuously replenished, and supplemented with teaching guides. Religion Compass will provide you with up-to-date bibliographies and expert analysis on key themes to inspire and engage your students
Explore Religion Compass for:
- A new kind of core content: state-of-the-art surveys of current research discuss the major topics, issues, viewpoints, and controversies within each area of the discipline
- Coverage of the entire field highlights connections across sub-disciplines within religious studies
- Reference-linked bibliographies for each article, providing the ideal entry point into specialist literature
- Fast continuous publication: articles typically available 6-8 weeks after acceptance and as an online-only journal there are no issue restrictions
All serious scholars of religion, from junior teaching faculty and postgraduates, through to experienced and eminent researchers. The journals is for anyone who needs a reliable and accessible entry into any part of the field of religious studies.
African Religions, Ancient Near East, Buddhism, East Asian Traditions, Christianity, Indian Traditions, Islam, Judaism, New Religions, Religions in the Americas, Theory, Method, Political Religions, Graeco-Roman Religions, Religion, Theology, Practice, Compass
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- ATLA Religion Database (American Theological Library Association)
- British Humanities Index (ProQuest)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Religious & Theological Abstracts
- Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)