© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Michael Bradshaw (Editor-in-Chief) and John Kupfer (Associate Editor for Physical Geography)
Online ISSN: 1749-8198
Geography Compass is an online-only journal publishing original, peer-reviewed surveys of current research from across the entire discipline.
Read the latest Editorial.
Aims and Scope
Unique in its range, Geography Compass is an online-only journal publishing original, peer-reviewed surveys of current research from across the entire discipline. Geography Compass is inclusive: it does not privilege any one perspective over another, it is open to all authors, and publishes articles that are both theoretical and practical in orientation, or concerned with methodology, as well as issue-oriented reviews. The journal's emphasis is upon state-of-the-art reviews, supported by a comprehensive bibliography and accessible to an international readership of geographers and scholars in related disciplines. Geography Compass is aimed at students, researchers and non-specialist scholars, and will provide a unique reference tool for researching essays, preparing lectures, writing a research proposal, or just keeping up with new developments in a specific area of interest.
- …supports your research with over 100 new articles per year, sourced from an international scholarly community. Gain an introduction to new fields, an overview of unfamiliar topics, and familiarity with the latest scholarship and debate.
- …informs your teaching with lively original articles that are quickly and continuously replenished, and supplemented with teaching guides. Geography Compass will provide you with up-to-date bibliographies and expert analysis on key themes to inspire and engage your students
Explore Geography Compass for:
- A new kind of core content: state-of-the-art surveys of current research discuss the major topics, issues, viewpoints, and controversies within each area of the discipline.
- Coverage of the entire field highlights connections across sub-disciplines within geographical research Reference-linked bibliographies for each article, providing the ideal entry point into specialist literature.
- Teaching Guides from article authors to inspire and engage your students 100 articles per year: 3 times more than a standard journal.
- Fast continuous publication: articles typically available 6-8 weeks after acceptance and as an online-only journal there are no issue restrictions.
Fields covered by Geography Compass include: Atmosphere & Biosphere, Cultural Geography, Development, Economic, Environment & Society, Geomorphology & Hydrology, GIS & Earth Observation, Political Geography, Social Geography and Urban Geography.
For information on other Wiley-Blackwell Compass Journals visit www.blackwell-compass.com
geography, compass, Atmosphere & Biosphere, Cultural, Development, Economic, Environment & Society, Geomorphology & Hydrology, GIS & Earth Observation, Political, Social, Urban
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO Publishing)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Sustainability Science Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management (ProQuest)
- GEOBASE (Elsevier)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Water Resources Abstracts (ProQuest)