Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
All articles submitted from 1st October 2013 are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License. Articles submitted before this date were published under the agreement as stated in the final article.
Edited By: Jonathan Van-Tam
Impact Factor: 1.471
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 29/34 (Virology); 59/70 (Infectious Diseases)
Online ISSN: 1750-2659
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses is the first journal to specialise exclusively on influenza and other respiratory viruses and strives to play a key role in the dissemination of information in this broad and challenging field. It is aimed at laboratory and clinical scientists, public health professionals, and others around the world involved in a broad range of activities in this field. In turn, topics covered will include:
- prevention by vaccines
- prevention and treatment by antivirals
- clinical studies
- public health & pandemic preparedness
- basic scientific research
- transmission between animals and humans
Aims and Scope
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses is the official journal of the International Society of Influenza and Other Respiratory Virus Diseases - an independent scientific professional society - dedicated to promoting the prevention, detection, treatment, and control of influenza and other respiratory virus diseases.
Effective with the 2013 Volume, Influenza and other Respiratory Viruses will be published in an Online Only format. No printed issue will be produced but authors will still be able to order offprints of their own articles.
In 2014, Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses will be joining the Wiley Open Access publishing program of fully open access journals published by Wiley. For further information visit the Wiley Open Access website.
From January 2014, all articles published by Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses will be fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. All accepted articles submitted from 1st October 2013 are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Copyright on any research article published by Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses is retained by the author(s). Authors grant Wiley a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
influenza, respiratory, viruses, virology, infectious disease, microbiology, epidemics
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- AgBiotech News & Information (CABI)
- AgBiotechNet (CABI)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Microbiology Databases (ProQuest)
- CSA Virology & AIDS Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Clinical Medicine (Thomson Reuters)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Index Veterinarius (CABI)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Pig News & Information (CABI)
- Plant Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Poultry Abstracts (CABI)
- Protozoological Abstracts (CABI)
- Review of Aromatic & Medicinal Plants (CABI)
- Rural Development Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)
- Veterinary Bulletin (CABI)
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)