© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Scott Harris
Online ISSN: 1751-9020
Unique in its range, Sociology Compass is an online-only journal publishing original, peer-reviewed surveys of current research from across the entire discipline. Sociology Compass publishes state-of-the-art reviews, supported by a comprehensive bibliography and accessible to an international readership. Sociology Compass is aimed at senior undergraduates, postgraduates and academics, and will provide a unique reference tool for researching essays, preparing lectures, writing a research proposal, or just keeping up with new developments in a specific area of interest.
Fields covered by Sociology Compass include: Communication & Media | Culture | Crime & Deviance | Gender & Sexuality | Organisations & Work | Political Sociology | Race & Ethnicity | Science & Medicine | Social Movements | Social Psychology & Family | Social Stratification
Aims and Scope
Sociology Compass is an online-only journal publishing original, peer-reviewed survey articles of the most important research from across the entire discipline. Sociology Compass fills a gap left by existing guides within the subject by focusing on what is happening right now in sociology. Providing an ideal starting point for non-specialists, Sociology Compass publishes well written pieces explaining important debates within all areas of the field. In an age of hyper-specialization, Sociology Compass provides pointers for researchers, teachers and students alike, which will help them to look for the best research, and to interpret what they find.
...supports your research with over 100 new articles per year, sourced form an international scholarly community. Gain an introduction to new fields, an overview of unfamiliar topics, and familiarity with the latest scholarship and debate.
...informs your teaching with lively original articles that are quickly and continuously replenished, and supplemented with teaching guides. Sociology Compass will provide you with up-to-date bibliographies and expert analysis on key themes to inspire and engage your students.
Explore Sociology Compass for:
- A new kind of core content: state-of-the-art surveys of current research discuss the major topics, issues, viewpoints, and controversies within each area of the discipline.
- Coverage of the entire field highlights connections across sub-disciplines within sociological research.
- Reference-linked bibliographies for each article, providing the ideal entry point into specialist literature.
- Teaching Guides from article authors to inspire and engage your students
- Fast continuous publication: articles typically available 6-8 weeks after acceptance.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Sociological Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)