JAWRA Journal of the American Water Resources Association
© American Water Resources Association
Edited By: Parker J. Wigington, Jr., Ph. D.
Impact Factor: 1.659
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 28/50 (Engineering Environmental); 34/85 (Water Resources); 93/184 (Geosciences Multidisciplinary)
Online ISSN: 1752-1688
Just Published Articles
- Spatial and Temporal Variations in Eastern U.S. Hydrology: Responses to Global Climate Variability
Dongmei Feng, Edward Beighley, Randall Hughes and David Kimbro
Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/1752-1688.12445
- The Influence of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation on Annual Floods in the Rivers of Western Canada
Sunil Gurrapu, Jeannine-Marie St-Jacques, David J. Sauchyn and Kyle R. Hodder
Version of Record online: 22 JUL 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/1752-1688.12433
- Groundwater Level Trends and Drivers in Two Northern New England Glacial Aquifers
James B. Shanley, Ann T. Chalmers, Thomas J. Mack, Thor E. Smith and Philip T. Harte
Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/1752-1688.12432
- Testing and Improving Temperature Thresholds for Snow and Rain Prediction in the Western United States
Seshadri Rajagopal and Adrian A. Harpold
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/1752-1688.12443
- Role of Riparian Areas in Atmospheric Pesticide Deposition and Its Potential Effect on Water Quality
Clifford P. Rice, Krystyna Bialek, Cathleen J. Hapeman and Gregory W. McCarty
Version of Record online: 15 JUL 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/1752-1688.12444
Submit a Paper Today!
Reasons to publish in JAWRA:
- Wide circulation: More than 6,000 institutions and 1,600 members of AWRA worldwide will have access to your article
- ScholarOne Manuscripts: This easy-to-use, Web-based submission system enables the quickest possible turnaround times, with a median time to first decision for reviewed manuscripts of only 84 days
- Author Services: Track the production of your article online and nominate colleagues to receive PDF offprints of your paper upon publication
- OnlineOpen: Allows authors to make their article freely available online to non-subscribers and allows the article to be deposited in the funding agency's preferred archive.
Send us your paper and join the prominent researchers currently publishing in JAWRA.
Tips to help boost your research
Author Promotional Toolkit:
Wiley works hard to support authors across the publishing process, including article promotion. There are key things that you can do as well to help with the promotion of your work. Click here for seven promotional tools to help ensure your work gets seen, read and cited.
Search Engine Optimization: For Authors
Read our SEO Guidelines for Authors document containing top tips to make your article discoverable online.
Compensatory Mitigation for Streams Under the Clean Water Act: Reassessing Science and Redirecting Policy
Martin W. Doyle and F. Douglas Shields
JAWRA in the news
An Open Water Data Initiative has been established by the federal government to enhance water information sharing across the United States (U.S.) using standardized web services for geospatial and temporal data. In a parallel effort, the National Weather Service has established a new National Water Center on the Tuscaloosa campus of the University of Alabama, at which a new National Water Model starts operations in June 2016, to continually simulate and forecast streamflow discharge throughout the continental U.S. These two developments support the interoperability of streamflow and hydrologic information in time and space from modeled and observed sources through the use of open standards to share water information