JAWRA Journal of the American Water Resources Association
© American Water Resources Association
Edited By: Parker J. Wigington, Jr., Ph. D.
Impact Factor: 1.659
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 28/50 (Engineering Environmental); 34/85 (Water Resources); 93/184 (Geosciences Multidisciplinary)
Online ISSN: 1752-1688
The Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA) is dedicated to publishing original papers characterized by its broad approach to water resources issues. Water by its nature is complex. Therefore, effectively managing water resources requires a broad understanding of many concepts and their applications, as plans based on a single outlook - only engineering, only biology, only economics, or only law - tend to have unhappy outcomes. Decisions makers addressing water resources challenges require access to high quality science and research presented from a variety of perspectives. JAWRA has been focused on this objective for more than 40 years.
Aims and Scope
JAWRA seeks to be the preeminent scholarly publication on multidisciplinary water resources issues. JAWRA papers present ideas derived from multiple disciplines woven together to give insight into a critical water issue, or are based primarily upon a single discipline with important applications to other disciplines. Papers often cover the topics of recent AWRA conferences such as riparian ecology, geographic information systems, adaptive management, and water policy.
JAWRA authors present work within their disciplinary fields to a broader audience. Our Associate Editors and reviewers reflect this diversity to ensure a knowledgeable and fair review of a broad range of topics. We particularly encourage submissions of papers which impart a 'take home message' our readers can use.
water resources, water, groundwater, hydrology, hydrogeology, geoscience, GIS, water management, water policy
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- AGRICOLA Database (National Agricultural Library)
- Aqualine Abstracts (ProQuest)
- ASFA: Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Technology Research Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Index to Statistics (ASA/IMS)
- Environment Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Environment Index (EBSCO Publishing)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Leisure Tourism Database (CABI)
- Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Oceanic Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Protozoological Abstracts (CABI)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- Soybean Abstracts Online (CABI)