Canadian Public Administration
© Institute of Public Administration of Canada
Edited By: Evert A. Lindquist
Online ISSN: 1754-7121
The CPA style guide in English may now be found at http://www.ipac.ca/Research-CPA
The CPA style guide in French may now be found at http://www.iapc.ca/Recherche-APC
Canadian Public Administration/Administration Publique du Canada prefers to receive all manuscript submissions electronically using Manuscript Central. To submit a manuscript, please follow the instructions below.
- Launch your web browser (Internet Explorer 5 or higher, Netscape 7 or higher, Firefox 1.0.4 or Safari 1.2.4) and go to the Canadian Public Administration's Manuscript Central homepage (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/capa).
- Log-in or click the “Create Account” option if you are a first-time user of Manuscript Central.
- If you are creating a new account.
· After clicking on “Create Account”, enter your name and e-mail information and click “Next”. Your e-mail information is very important.
· Enter your institution and address information as appropriate, and then click “Next.”
· Enter a user ID and password of your choice (we recommend using your e-mail address as your user ID), and then select your area of expertise. Click “Finish”.
- If you have an account but have forgotten your log in details, go to “Password Help” on the Canadian Public Administration Manuscript Central homepage and enter your email address. The system will send you an automatic user ID and password reminder.
- Log-in and select “Author Center.”
Submitting Your Manuscript
- After you have logged in, click the “Submit a Manuscript” link in the menu bar.
- Enter data and answer questions as appropriate.
- Click the “Next” button on each screen to save your work and advance to the next screen.
- You are required to upload your files.
· Click on the “Browse” button and locate the file on your computer.
· Select the designation of each file in the drop down next to the Browse button.
· When you have selected all files you wish to upload, click the “Upload Files” button.
- Review your submission (in both PDF and HTML formats) before sending to the Journal. Click the “Submit” button when you are finished reviewing.
You may suspend a submission at any phase before clicking the “Submit” button and save it to submit later. After submission, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You can also access Manuscript Central any time to check the status of your manuscript. The Journal will inform you by e-mail once a decision has been made.
Getting Help With Your Submission
Each page of the Manuscript Central website has a ‘Get Help Now’ icon connecting directly to the online support system at http://mcv3support.custhelp.com. and telephone support is available through the US ScholarOne support office on: 434 817 2040. If you do not have Internet access or cannot submit online, the Editorial Office will help with online submissions. Please contact the Editorial Office, by telephone, by e-mail email@example.com.
For authors choosing OnlineOpen
If you decide to select the OnlineOpen option, please use the links below to obtain an open access agreement to sign [this will supersede the journal's usual license agreement]. By selecting the OnlineOpen option you have the choice of the following Creative Commons License open access agreements:
To preview the terms and conditions of these open access agreements please click the license types above and visit http://www.wileyopenaccess.com/details/content/12f25db4c87/Copyright--License.html.
If you select the OnlineOpen option and your research is funded by The Wellcome Trust and members of the Research Councils UK (RCUK) you will be given the opportunity to publish your article under a CC-BY license supporting you in complying with Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK requirements. For more information on this policy and the Journal’s compliant self-archiving policy please visit: http://www.wiley.com/go/funderstatement.