Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research
© Australian Society of Viticulture and Oenology, Inc.
Edited By: Terry Lee, OAM
Impact Factor: 2.126
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 4/34 (Horticulture); 36/125 (Food Science & Technology)
Online ISSN: 1755-0238
Just Published Articles
- Levels of higher alcohols inducing aroma changes and modulating experts' preferences in wine model solutions
A. de-la-Fuente-Blanco, M.-P. Sáenz-Navajas and V. Ferreira
Version of Record online: 20 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/ajgw.12273
- Influence of intensity of post-veraison defoliation or shoot trimming on vine physiology, yield components, berry and wine composition in Aglianico grapevines
G. Caccavello, M. Giaccone, P. Scognamiglio, M. Forlani and B. Basile
Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/ajgw.12263
- Effect of non-Saccharomyces yeasts on the volatile chemical profile of Shiraz wine
M.E. B. Whitener, J. Stanstrup, S. Carlin, B. Divol, M. Du Toit and U. Vrhovsek
Version of Record online: 3 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/ajgw.12269
- Grape seed extract: the first protein-based fining agent endogenous to grapes
D. Gazzola, S. Vincenzi, M. Marangon, G. Pasini and A. Curioni
Version of Record online: 2 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/ajgw.12268
- Influence of biological, experiential and psychological factors in wine preference segmentation
G.J. Pickering and J.E. Hayes
Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/ajgw.12266
Smoke Taint in Wine
Read the Virtual Special Issue on Smoke Taint in Wine - click here!
Online only subscription now available to ASVO members
ASVO members can now benefit from an online only subscription to the Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research. To take advantage of this membership benefit please contact the society.
ASVO Announces New President and Changes To Its Board
The ASVO board recently re-elected Dr Mardi Longbottom for a second term as President. Brett McClen and Prof Mike Trought were also re-elected to the board and were joined by Tony Robinson, previously a co-opted to the ASVO board, and new director, Matt Holdstock. Robinson recently undertook a comprehensive, industry-wide process to update and extend the Wine Show Best Practice Recommendations (BPRs). The new guide has now been released and will be a valuable resource for the various Agricultural Societies, industry bodies, and commercial groups that run the wine shows in Australia.
Holdstock is a Senior Oenologist at the Australian Wine Research Institute where he provides technical advice to winemakers on a daily basis to help solve production issues and provide support for best practice wine production. Matt has judged at several Australian wine shows, and participates in tastings for the AWRI’s sensory panel, the Advanced Wine Assessment Course, Winestate Magazine and Wine Australia’s Export Approval panel (2009-2012). Matt has also lectured at the University of Adelaide, Wine Australia, WSET, the Institute of Masters of Wine and the Interwinery Analysis Group. More.
In 2015, the ASVO joined forces with the Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI) to celebrate its 60th anniversary. Terry Lee, editor of the Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research, and specially appointed Associate Editor, Markus Herderich have worked tirelessly with Dan Johnson, Ella Robinson and the great majority of the AWRI staff to produce a special edition of the journal. The dedication and enthusiasm of the AWRI staff to this huge task is warmly thanked and provides a compelling series of 18 reviews on topics of relevance to the grape and wine sector.
ASVO membership gives you the opportunity to network with other wine industry professionals who have similar interests and goals as yours. You can connect with your colleagues through forums, speak face-to-face at annual ASVO Seminars or read about their latest findings in the Journal of Grape and Wine Research and on our Web site. Join now to enjoy:
• Subscription to the Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research.
• 12 Months online access and FREE downloads from Wiley online library of articles published in the Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research
• Discounted registration to the ASVO seminars.
• Discount on selected book titles from Wiley Blackwell & Patrick Iland
• ASVO member pricing at the Australian Wine Industry Technical Conference
• Don’t forget that your membership is tax deductible.
It is an exciting time for the ASVO, with initiatives like the ASVO Awards for Excellence and a great seminar program.. We’re carrying that momentum into 2015, and we promise you there’s never been a better time to be an ASVO member.
ASVO Seminar Proceedings
Many past ASVO seminar proceedings are available as be downloadable PDF files of the full publication or of individual articles and can be found on the Society’s web site. Hardcopies of most seminar proceedings are also available for sale. The proceedings are a collection of manuscripts submitted by each of the presenters at the seminar outlining the research and information they presented.
• Searching for the sweet spot the quest for optimal yield and quality (available in 2015)
• Sustainability & efficiency – proceedings (coming soon)
• Objective Measures of Grape and Wine Quality