Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research
© Australian Society of Viticulture and Oenology, Inc.
Edited By: Terry Lee, OAM
Impact Factor: 2.126
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 4/34 (Horticulture); 36/125 (Food Science & Technology)
Online ISSN: 1755-0238
Just Published Articles
- Improved fluorescence-based evaluation of flavonoid in red and white winegrape cultivars
A. Ferrandino, C. Pagliarani, A. Carlomagno, V. Novello, A. Schubert and G. Agati
Version of Record online: 19 APR 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/ajgw.12276
- Influence of water availability and grapevine phenological stage on the spatial variation in soil respiration
E. Hernández-Montes, J.M. Escalona, M. Tomás and H. Medrano
Version of Record online: 19 APR 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/ajgw.12279
- Effect of deficit irrigation on vine performance and grape composition of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Muscat of Alexandria
I. Buesa, D. Pérez, J. Castel, D.S. Intrigliolo and J.R. Castel
Version of Record online: 17 APR 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/ajgw.12280
- Influence of production method on the sensory profile and consumer acceptance of Australian sparkling white wine styles
J.A. Culbert, R. Ristic, L.A. Ovington, A.J. Saliba and K.L. Wilkinson
Version of Record online: 16 APR 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/ajgw.12277
- Daily prediction of seasonal grapevine production in the Douro wine region based on favourable meteorological conditions
H. Fraga and J.A. Santos
Version of Record online: 6 APR 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/ajgw.12278
Smoke Taint in Wine
Read the Virtual Special Issue on Smoke Taint in Wine - click here!
Online only subscription now available to ASVO members
ASVO members can now benefit from an online only subscription to the Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research. To take advantage of this membership benefit please contact the society.
ASVO Announces Wine Industry Awards for Excellence
Two research papers received awards at the ASVO Annual Awards for Excellence in November 2016.
The winning viticulture paper Vineyard irrigation scheduling based on airborne thermal imagery and water potential thresholds by Joaquim Bellvert, Pablo Zarco-Tejada, Jordi Marsal, Joan Girona, Victoria González-Dugo and Elias Fereres appealed to the judging panel because it will enable practitioners to refine current irrigation practices particularly in a water constrained future.
The best oenology paper Effect of oxygen exposure during fermentation on volatile sulfur compounds in Shiraz wine and a comparison of strategies for remediation of reductive character by Marlize Bekker, Martin Day, Helen Holt, Eric Wilkes and Paul Smith from the Australian Wine Research Institute was selected because of the potential for high rates of immediate adoption in winemaking.
For more information click here.
ASVO fellows honoured
Brian Croser AO and Di Davidson AM have been honoured by Dr Mardi Longbottom, president of the ASVO, for their particularly outstanding and meritorious contribution to the grape and wine industry and to the Society by being admitted as fellows.
“Selection was particularly difficult this year because of the extremely high calibre of individuals nominated for our Fellows program," said Dr Longbottom. "For the first time more than one member was recommended by the selection committee. The collective wisdom that both these people encapsulate is extraordinary as is the diversity of background and experience.”
The ASVO Fellowships were deservedly awarded during the Awards for Excellence Dinner at the Adelaide Botanic gardens restaurant on Thursday 17 November 2016.
For more information click here.
ASVO membership gives you the opportunity to network with other wine industry professionals who have similar interests and goals as yours. You can connect with your colleagues through forums, speak face-to-face at annual ASVO Seminars or read about their latest findings in the Journal of Grape and Wine Research and on our Web site. Join now to enjoy:
• Subscription to the Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research.
• 12 Months online access and FREE downloads from Wiley online library of articles published in the Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research
• Discounted registration to the ASVO seminars.
• Discount on selected book titles from Wiley Blackwell & Patrick Iland
• ASVO member pricing at the Australian Wine Industry Technical Conference
• Don’t forget that your membership is tax deductible.
It is an exciting time for the ASVO, with initiatives like the ASVO Awards for Excellence and a great seminar program.. We’re carrying that momentum into 2015, and we promise you there’s never been a better time to be an ASVO member.
ASVO Seminar Proceedings
Many past ASVO seminar proceedings are available as be downloadable PDF files of the full publication or of individual articles and can be found on the Society’s web site. Hardcopies of most seminar proceedings are also available for sale. The proceedings are a collection of manuscripts submitted by each of the presenters at the seminar outlining the research and information they presented.
• Searching for the sweet spot the quest for optimal yield and quality (available in 2015)
• Sustainability & efficiency – proceedings (coming soon)
• Objective Measures of Grape and Wine Quality