Juvenile and Family Court Journal
© National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
Edited By: Joey Orduna Hastings, NCJFCJ Chief Executive Officer, Melissa Sickmund, Managing Editor, Judge Maurice Portley, Editor, and Professor Douglas E. Abrams, Associate Editor.
Impact Factor: 0.087
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 143/149 (Law)
Online ISSN: 1755-6988
The Juvenile and Family Court Journal is a peer-reviewed quarterly, published since 1949 by the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges. Articles of interest to the membership, which includes juvenile and family court judges, court administrators, probation workers, and others in the field of juvenile justice, will be considered.
- Only previously unpublished material will be considered. The Journal has a sole submission policy; please do not submit articles under consideration by another publisher.
- Manuscript length should be no more than 30 typed, double-spaced pages, including a 100-word abstract (required), any tables, notes and references.
- Submit 2 manuscript files - 1) an original manuscript with all authors listed and 2) a blind copy to send to peer reviewers with all identifying information removed.
- Please follow style guidelines of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (4th or 5th ed.) or the Bluebook (this includes style for footnotes/references).
- Send a brief biography (no more than 3 sentences) of each author listed on the manuscript - including email and/or mailing addresses for correspondence.
- Note, in submission communication, who the main contact should be for further communication after original submission and provide an email address for that contact.
- Submissions can be sent via hard copy or e-mail to the address below.
- Review process may take up to ten weeks.
Please submit manuscripts to:
Director, National Center for Juvenile Justice
Research Division of the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
3700 S. Water St., Suite 200
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
If you have any questions about these requirements, or would like to order a sample copy of the Journal, please call (412) 246-0824, or e-mail email@example.com
Note to Contributors on Deposit of Accepted Version
Authors are permitted to self-archive the peer-reviewed (but not final) version of the Contribution on the Contributor’s personal website, in the Contributor’s company/institutional repository or archive, and in certain not for profit subject-based repositories such as PubMed Central as listed at the following website: http://olabout.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-820227.html, subject to an embargo period of 12 months for scientific, technical and medical (STM) journals and 24 months for social science and humanities (SSH) journals following publication of the final Contribution.
There are separate arrangements with certain funding agencies governing reuse of this version as set forth at the following website: http://www.wiley.com/go/funderstatement.
The Contributor may not update the accepted version or replace it with the published Contribution.
If your paper is accepted, the author identified as the formal corresponding author for the paper will receive an email prompting them to login into Author Services; where via the Wiley Author Licensing Service (WALS) they will be able to complete the license agreement on behalf of all authors on the paper.
For authors signing the copyright transfer agreement
If the OnlineOpen option is not selected the corresponding author will be presented with the copyright transfer agreement (CTA) to sign. The terms and conditions of the CTA can be previewed in the samples associated with the Copyright FAQs below:
CTA Terms and Conditions http://exchanges.wiley.com/authors/faqs---copyright-_301.html
For authors choosing OnlineOpen
If the OnlineOpen option is selected the corresponding author will have a choice of the following Creative Commons License Open Access Agreements (OAA):
Creative Commons Attribution License OAA
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License OAA
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial -NoDerivs License OAA
To preview the terms and conditions of these open access agreements please visit the Copyright FAQs hosted on Wiley Author Services http://exchanges.wiley.com/authors/faqs---copyright-_301.html and visit http://www.wileyopenaccess.com/details/content/12f25db4c87/Copyright--License.html.
If you select the OnlineOpen option and your research is funded by certain funders [e.g. The Wellcome Trust and members of the Research Councils UK (RCUK) or the Austrian Science Fund (FWF)] you will be given the opportunity to publish your article under a CC-BY license supporting you in complying with your Funder requirements.
For more information on this policy and the Journal’s compliant self-archiving policy please visit: http://www.wiley.com/go/funderstatement.