© The Authors Global Change Biology Bioenergy Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
Articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons License as stated in the final article.
Edited By: Steve Long
Impact Factor: 4.882
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 1/81 (Agronomy); 11/89 (Energy & Fuels)
Online ISSN: 1757-1707
Associated Title(s): Global Change Biology
Recently Published Issues
Under the Covers
Join the scholarly conversation on LinkedIn
Follow GCB Bioenergy to get the latest journal articles and cutting edge news on bioenergy
About the Journal
GCB Bioenergy exists to promote understanding of the interface between biological sciences and the production of fuels directly from plants, algae and waste.
The journal focuses on topics in the context of biological implications:
- Bioenergy feedstock and bio-oil production from energy crops, algae ,biological residues and co-products
- Feedstock management, genomics, genetic improvements, production modeling, composition, pests, diseases and weeds
- Sustainability, and biodiversity issues.
- Socioeconomics of crops, crops systems and their processing
- Policy and legislative developments affecting biofuels and bioenergy
- Systems Analysis of feedstock production, microbial deconstruction and fuel synthesis
Online Submissions Welcome
Submit your manuscript electronically to GCBBioenergy through ScholarOne Manuscripts (formerly known as Manuscript Central). Benefits of online submission include:
• Quick and easy submission
• Centralised and reduced administration
• Significant decrease in peer review times
No page charges or submission fees
There are no page charges to publish your manuscript in GCB Bioenergy, and no fees for submitting your work to the journal.
Read more about publishing in GCB Bioenergy.
GCB Bioenergy News
On 1st January 2016 GCB Bioenergy joined the Wiley Open Access publishing program of fully open access journals published by Wiley. All newly published articles (submitted from 25th March 2015) will be open access under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. Articles accepted before this date were published under the agreement as stated in the final article.
All articles published by GCB Bionenergy will be fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. To cover the cost of publishing, GCB Bioenergy charges a publication fee.
Reasons to publish with GCB Bioenergy:
- High impact factor
- High standard, rigorous peer review
- Open Access – articles are published under Creative Commons license and authors are the copyright holder
- Fully compliant with open access mandates
- Wide dissemination
Submit your manuscript directly at ScholarOne URL here.
In GCB-Bioenergy's May Issue Round Up Podcast, we explore three featured articles. Our first study looks at the effects of carbon dioxide on rice straw. The second study analyzes the decomposition of biochar. Lastly, our third study looks at what drives the activity of microbial enzymes in various bioenergy systems. Access the podcast here.
Visit the GCB Bioenergy Podcasts page for more podcasts.
Receive the latest GCB Bioenergy podcasts automatically on iTunes