© The Authors Global Change Biology Bioenergy Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
Articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons License as stated in the final article.
Edited By: Steve Long
Impact Factor: 6.151
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 1/83 (Agronomy); 9/88 (Energy & Fuels)
Online ISSN: 1757-1707
Associated Title(s): Global Change Biology
Aims and Scope
First to know the nature of bioenergy
GCB Bioenergy is an international journal publishing original research papers, review articles and commentaries that promote understanding of the interface between biological and environmental sciences and the production of fuels directly from plants, algae and waste. The scope of the journal extends to areas outside of biology to policy forum, socioeconomic analyses, technoeconomic analyses and systems analysis. Papers do not need a global change component for consideration for publication, it is viewed as implicit that most bioenergy will be beneficial in avoiding at least a part of the fossil fuel energy that would otherwise be used.
Key areas covered by the journal:
- Bioenergy feedstock and bio-oil production: energy crops and algae their management,, genomics, genetic improvements, planting, harvesting, storage, transportation, integrated logistics, production modeling, composition and its modification, pests, diseases and weeds of feedstocks. Manuscripts concerning alternative energy based on biological mimicry are also encouraged (e.g. artificial photosynthesis).
- Biological Residues/Co-products: from agricultural production, forestry and plantations (stover, sugar, bio-plastics, etc.), algae processing industries, and municipal sources (MSW).
- Bioenergy and the Environment: ecosystem services, carbon mitigation, land use change, life cycle assessment, energy and greenhouse gas balances, water use, water quality, assessment of sustainability, and biodiversity issues.
- Bioenergy Socioeconomics: examining the economic viability or social acceptability of crops, crops systems and their processing, including genetically modified organisms [GMOs], health impacts of bioenergy systems.
- Bioenergy Policy: legislative developments affecting biofuels and bioenergy.
- Bioenergy Systems Analysis: examining biological developments in a whole systems context.
Studies may be at all levels of organization from gene discovery and crop feedstock genetics to systems analysis of biofuel production operations and global projections. They may be experimental, observational or theoretical, and may concern higher plant and algal systems, biological mimicry, biotechnology, ecosystem services, environmental impacts and / or whole production system analysis.
The journal does not accept papers that solely concern advances in the physico-chemical conversion of biomass to fuels, for example design of biomass boilers or thermochemical conversion of biomass to fuels, unless these are part of analysis of a complete system.
GCB Bioenergy is joining the Wiley Open Access publishing program of fully open access journals published by Wiley. For further information visit the Wiley Open Access website.
Open Access and Copyright
All articles published by GCB Bioenergy will be fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. All articles submitted from 25 March 2015 are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Copyright on any research article in a journal published by Journal Title is retained by the author(s). Authors grant Wiley a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- AgBiotech News & Information (CABI)
- AgBiotechNet (CABI)
- Agricultural Engineering Abstracts (CABI)
- Agroforestry Abstracts (CABI)
- Biofuels Abstracts (CABI)
- BIOSIS Previews (Clarivate Analytics)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- Crop Physiology Abstracts (CABI)
- Current Contents: Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Field Crop Abstracts (CABI)
- Forest Products Abstracts (CABI)
- Forestry Abstracts (CABI)
- Grasslands & Forage Abstracts (CABI)
- Horticultural Science Abstracts (CABI)
- INSPEC (IET)
- Irrigation & Drainage Abstracts (CABI)
- Maize Abstracts (CABI)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series B: Livestock Feeds & Feeding (CABI)
- Plant Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Plant Genetic Resources Abstracts (CABI)
- Postharvest News & Information (CABI)
- Review of Plant Pathology (CABI)
- Rural Development Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Seed Abstracts (CABI)
- Soils & Fertilizers Abstracts (CABI)
- Soybean Abstracts Online (CABI)
- Sugar Industry Abstracts (CABI)
- Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)
- Weed Abstracts (CABI)
- Wheat, Barley & Triticale Abstracts (CABI)
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)
- Zoological Record (Clarivate Analytics)