Copyright © 2014 International Association for the Study of Obesity
Clinical Obesity is the official clinical journal of the World Obesity Federation, which links over 50 regional and national associations with over 10,000 professional members.
Aims and Scope
Clinical Obesity is an international peer-reviewed journal publishing high quality translational and clinical research papers and reviews focussing on obesity and its co-morbidities.
Key areas of interest are:
• Patient assessment, classification, diagnosis and prognosis
• Drug treatments, clinical trials and supporting research
• Bariatric surgery and follow-up issues
• Surgical approaches to remove body fat
• Pharmacological, dietary and behavioural approaches for weight loss
• Clinical physiology
• Clinically relevant epidemiology
• Psychological aspects of obesity
• Nursing and care of obese patients.
Endocrinologists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, nutritionists, dieticians, paediatricians, obstetricians, rheumatologists, bariatric surgeons, metabolic surgeons, general surgeons, internists, general practitioners, physiologists, epidemiologists, psychologists dealing with obese patients, nurses dealing with obese patients, funding bodies and policy makers with interests in obesity.
Obesity, obese, overweight, body-weight, weight, body fat, waist circumference, type 2 diabetes, leptin, ghrelin, adipocytes, adipose tissue, cholesterol, metabolism, metabolic syndrome, co-morbidities, diet, diet plan, dietary, dietary intake, over-eating, eating disorder, nutrition, weight gain, anti-obesity, adipokines, clinical, translational, clinical trials, clinical epidemiology, medical, patient, diagnosis, prognosis, drugs, pharmacology, treatments, regime, weight loss, physical activity, exercise plan, bariatric surgery, gastric banding, gastric bypass, regional prevalence, public policy, ethics, research papers, reviews, Clinical Obesity, journal, World Obesity, International Association for the Study of Obesity
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- AgBiotechNet (CABI)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Health Reference Center Academic (GALE Cengage)
- Nutrition & Food Sciences Database (CABI)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- ProQuest Health & Medical Complete (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection (ProQuest)
- ProQuest SciTech Collection (ProQuest)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)