Biology of the Cell
Copyright © 2013 Société Française des Microscopies and Société Biologie Cellulaire de France
Edited By: Thierry Galli, Paris, France
Impact Factor: 3.488
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 82/185 (Cell Biology)
Online ISSN: 1768-322X
Recently Published Issues
Optogenetics Themed Issue
Check out our themed issue of optogenetics papers published in Biology of the Cell, updated with new articles as and when they are published!
NEW: Read here the Editorial introducing the series
From 2013 volume, Biology of the Cell has made the decision to move online only in order to enhance the standing of the journal and further improve the quality of its provision for authors and readers.
Paper of the Year 2012
This has just been awarded to Sarah J. Fletcher, Natalie S. Poulter, Elizabeth J. Haining and Joshua Z. Rappoport for
Clathrin-mediated endocytosis regulates occludin, and not focal adhesion, distribution during epithelial wound healing
Cover of the Year 2012
This is awarded to the September 2012 Cover; taken from A novel role for the non-catalytic intracellular domain of Neprilysins in muscle physiology by Mareike Panz, Jessica Vitos-Faleato, Arne Jendretzki, Jürgen J. Heinisch, Achim Paululat and Heiko Meyer.
Paper of the Month
Biology of the Cell recognizes the most downloaded paper during the cover month of each issue:
The mitogen-inducible gene-6 is involved in regulation of cellular senescence in normal diploid fibroblasts
Bushan Xie et al.
The editors would also like to highlight this recent Accepted Article from China:
Inflammatory environment induces gingival tissue-specific mesenchymal stem cells to differentiate towards a pro-fibrotic phenotype
Nan Li, Na Liu, Jun Zhou, Liang Tang, Bofu Ding, Yinzhong Duan, Yan Jin
Biology of the Cell has signed the San Francisco Declaration - http://am.ascb.org/dora/.
- 2012 Impact Factor: 3.488
- 2012 5-year Impact Factor: 4.016
- 2012 Eigenfactor score: 0.00694
- 2012 Immediacy Index: 0.729
- 2012 Article Influence score: 1.564
Public Access Policy
Biology of the Cell is in full compliance with all public access requirements (NIH, HHMI, Wellcome Trust, Research Councils UK (eg. MRC, BBSRC))
• Wiley-Blackwell submits accepted manuscripts that have been funded by the agencies above to PubMedCentral and PubMedCentralUK
• If an author chooses to pay to publish via Online Open, the pre-paid article will be posted in PubMed Central immediately upon publication
• PMCID supplied to authors by email
• Authors can post the Accepted Article version of their paper on their own or an institutional website
• All articles will be free to access online 12 months after appearing in print