Foreign Language Annals
© American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, Inc.
Edited By: Dr. Anne Nerenz
Impact Factor: 0.908
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 61/179 (Linguistics); 112/230 (Education & Educational Research)
Online ISSN: 1944-9720
Aims and Scope
Foreign Language Annals (FLA) is the official journal of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL). The first volume of FLA was published in 1967. FLA is a refereed journal published four times per year. There are approximately 10 articles per issue.
Dedicated to the advancement of language teaching and learning, the journal seeks to serve the professional interests of classroom instructors, researchers, and administrators concerned with the learning and teaching of languages at all levels of instruction. The journal welcomes submissions of the highest quality that report empirical or theoretical research on language learning or teaching, that describe innovative and successful practice and methods, and/or that are relevant to the concerns and issues of the profession. All submissions must be written in English and must be previously unpublished.
FLA focuses primarily on language education for languages other than English. The journal welcomes manuscripts on a wide variety of topics including cross-disciplinary submissions that provide clear implications for teaching, learning, and/or research in the language field. Authors must be members of ACTFL.
language, teaching, learning, language teaching, language learning, foreign languages, language education, ACTFL, American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic OneFile (GALE Cengage)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Education Full Text (HW Wilson)
- Education Index/Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- Educator’s Reference Complete (GALE Cengage)
- ERA: Educational Research Abstracts Online (T&F)
- ERIC: Educational Resources Information Center (CSC)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- MLA International Bibliography (MLA)
- OmniFile Full Text Mega Edition (HW Wilson)
- OmniFile Full Text Select (HW Wilson)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central: Professional Edition (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Education Journals (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)