Foreign Language Annals
© American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, Inc.
Edited By: Dr. Anne Nerenz
Impact Factor: 0.908
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 61/181 (Linguistics); 112/231 (Education & Educational Research)
Online ISSN: 1944-9720
Aims and Scope
Foreign Language Annals (FLA) is the official refereed, scholarly journal of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).
Dedicated to the advancement of language teaching and learning, the journal seeks to serve the professional interests of classroom instructors, researchers, and administrators who are concerned with the learning and teaching of languages, particularly languages other than English at all levels of instruction.
Published continuously since 1967, the journal welcomes submissions that:
• propose emerging theoretical frameworks,
• report empirical research,
• evaluate the impact of innovative standards/proficiency-based program models, curriculum designs, instructional approaches, and assessment practices,
• advance our understanding of relevant issues in second language learning and teaching, and
• address interdisciplinary language-related topics.
All submissions must provide clear implications for teaching, learning, and/or research in the language field, be written in standard professional English, adhere to the journal’s author guidelines, and be previously unpublished. There are approximately 12 articles in each of the four issues that are published each year.
language, teaching, learning, language teaching, language learning, foreign languages, language education, ACTFL, American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic OneFile (GALE Cengage)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Education Full Text (HW Wilson)
- Education Index/Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- Educator’s Reference Complete (GALE Cengage)
- ERA: Educational Research Abstracts Online (T&F)
- ERIC: Educational Resources Information Center (CSC)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- MLA International Bibliography (MLA)
- OmniFile Full Text Mega Edition (HW Wilson)
- OmniFile Full Text Select (HW Wilson)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central: Professional Edition (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Education Collection (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)