Focus on Geography
© 2013 American Geographical Society of New York
Edited By: Dr. Tom Bell and Dr. Peggy Gripshover
Online ISSN: 1949-8535
Associated Title(s): Geographical Review
Recently Published Articles
- Vietnam's Emerging National Parks: War, Resource Exploitation, and Recent Struggles to Protect Biodiversity (pages 66–71)
Thomas A. Wikle and Nguyen H. Le
Article first published online: 1 MAY 2013 | DOI: 10.1111/foge.12013
The authors explore the benefits and conflicts associated with Vietnam's emerging national park system.
- Child Slavery and the Fish Processing Industry in Bangladesh (pages 54–65)
Kari B. Jensen
Article first published online: 1 MAY 2013 | DOI: 10.1111/foge.12012
- The World “Meats” Canada: Meatpacking's Role in the Cultural Transformation of Brooks, Alberta (pages 47–53)
Michael J. Broadway
Article first published online: 1 MAY 2013 | DOI: 10.1111/foge.12011
An examination of how globalization has impacted the cultural landscape of the city of Brooks, Alberta.
- A Picture is Worth 1000 Words – Urban Regeneration in a Global City (pages 72–73)
David J. Keeling
Article first published online: 1 MAY 2013 | DOI: 10.1111/foge.12014
- You have free access to this contentCacharros: The Persistence of Vintage Automobiles in Cuba (pages 1–7)
Jeffrey S. Smith, Charles O. Collins and Jennine Pettit
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2013 | DOI: 10.1111/foge.12006
This article illustrates how necessity (especially income), nostalgia, and nationalism are three of the driving forces behind the existence of an entire fleet of aged American automobiles in modern Cuba.