Focus on Geography
© American Geographical Society of New York
Edited By: Dr. Tom Bell and Dr. Peggy Gripshover
Online ISSN: 1949-8535
Associated Title(s): Geographical Review
Recently Published Articles
- Artifacts of Change: Visualizing over a Millennium of Japanese Horticulture (pages 138–149)
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/foge.12055
This article explores key moments in the horticultural history of the Yamanashi Prefecture through the remaining artifacts of those changes on the contemporary Japanese landscape.
- The Roadside Gardens of Newfoundland's Northern Peninsula (pages 93–107)
Dawn S. Bowen
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/foge.12053
An examination of the origins of roadside gardens in Newfoundland's Northern Peninsula and their impacts on the landscape and local communities.
- Charleston, South Carolina: From Holy City to Static City–Historic Preservation, and the Cruise Ship Controversy (pages 121–137)
William Terry and Christa A. Smith
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/foge.12057
This paper analyzes the controversy over the expansion of the cruise industry in Charleston, SC in terms of how the historic district will be impacted, with findings that suggest the battle is less about historic integrity and more about preserving a static image of the city.
- A Picture is Worth 1000 Words: The Plastic Coast of Andalusia, Spain (pages 150–151)
David J. Keeling
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/foge.12054
The author explores the Andalucian coast of southern Spain between Málaga and Almería, the world's second-largest concentration of plasticulture after China.
- The Changing Tibetan Buddhist Landscape of Upper Mustang, Nepal (pages 108–120)
John B. Wright
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/foge.12056
A look at the environmental, cultural, economic, and political influences that have shaped the landscape of the Upper Mustang region of Nepal.