© The Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain
Edited By: Michael Hand
Online ISSN: 2048-416X
Associated Title(s): Journal of Philosophy of Education
Recently Published Issues
Current Issue:November 2015
Volume 2015, Issue 22
Special Issue: What training do teachers need?: Wh...
Volume 2014, Issue 21
Special Issue: How Ought War To Be Remembered in S...
Volume 2013, Issue 20
Special Issue: To Read or Not To Read: Decoding Sy...
Volume 2011, Issue 19
Special Issue: Patriotism in Schools, Michael Hand
Volume 2009, Issue 18
Special Issue: Education for sustainable developme...
Written by leading general philosophers and philosophers of education, IMPACT pamphlets bring philosophical perspectives to bear on current education policy in the UK. They are addressed directly to policy-makers, politicians and practitioners, though will be of interest also to researchers and students working on education policy.
All IMPACT pamphlets are available to download free from the Wiley Online Library.
IMPACT is an initiative of the Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain.
What training do teachers need? Why theory is necessary to good teaching was launched on 30 November 2015 at Senate House, University of London. The speakers at the launch seminar were:
• Dr Janet Orchard and Prof Christopher Winch, co-authors of What training do teachers need?
• Dr Mary Bousted, Secretary General of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers.
• Sam Freedman, Acting Executive Director of Programmes at Teach First.
• Prof Chris Husbands, Director of the UCL Institute of Education.
• Prof Michael Hand, editor of IMPACT (Chair)