Copyright © 2013 The Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain
Edited By: Michael Hand
Online ISSN: 2048-416X
Associated Title(s): Journal of Philosophy of Education
Recently Published Issues
Volume 2011, Issue 19
Special Issue: Patriotism in Schools, Michael Hand
Volume 2009, Issue 18
Special Issue: Education for sustainable developme...
Volume 2009, Issue 17
Special Issue: Religious Education: taking religio...
Volume 2007, Issue 15
Special Issue: Intelligent Design Theory and other...
Volume 2007, Issue 14
Special Issue: What schools are for and why, John ...
The Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain (PESGB) exists to promote for the public benefit the advancement and teaching of philosophy of education.
It undertakes the following activities:
- organises conferences and seminars in the field
- supports some 17 regional branches
- administers a scheme of grants and awards
- provides for the publication of the Journal of Philosophy of Education and the IMPACT booklet series
Read more about the PESGB's other publication - the Journal of Philosophy of Education
Written by leading general philosophers and philosophers of education, IMPACT provides a unique forum for the analysis of education policy and practice from a philosophical perspective, and will be of interest to policy-makers, politicians, practitioners, academics and students alike.
All pamphlets are freely available online.
Forthcoming: To Read or Not To Read: Decoding Synthetic Phonics by Andrew Davis
IMPACT pamphlets express the ideas of their authors and do not represent the views of the Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain. The Society has several hundred members whose views are widely disparate.
Topics of forthcoming titles and seminars from IMPACT:
- The changing landscape of English education: Academies and Free Schools
- The Future of Higher Education
- Educating for a Bigger, Stronger Society
- The Well-being and Happiness Agenda in Education
- Teacher Education and Expertise
- Core Subjects and the Traditional Curriculum
- Synthetic Phonics
- Parental Responsibility in Education
- Faith Schools and School Ethos
Patriotism in Schools by Michael Hand was launched with a seminar discussion on 6th December at the Institute of Government in London. Participating in the discussion were:
Michael Hand, Institute of Education
David Goodhart, Director, Demos
Phillip Blond, Director, ResPublica
Sunder Katwala, Director, British Future
Louise Bamfield, Editor, IMPACT (Chair)
Watch a podcast of the seminar discussion: