Hot Topics in Literacy Education
Hot Topics in Literacy Education: An IRA Cross-Journal Virtual Issue
Read the top downloaded articles of 2012 from the IRA Journals!
Available for free through April 2013
The Reading Teacher (RT)
(Vols. 65-66, September 2011-2012)
Using Higher Order Questioning to Accelerate Students’ Growth in Reading
Debra S. Peterson, Barbara M. Taylor
Exploring the Use of the iPad for Literacy Learning
Amy Hutchison, Beth Beschorner, Denise Schmidt-Crawford
10 Things Every Literacy Educator Should Know About Research
Nell K. Duke, Nicole M. Martin
Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy (JAAL)
(Vols. 55-56, September 2011-2012)
The New Literacies of Online Reading Comprehension: Expanding the Literacy and Learning Curriculum
Donald J. Leu, J. Gregory McVerry, W. Ian O'Byrne, Carita Kiili, Lisa Zawilinski, Heidi Everett-Cacopardo, Clint Kennedy, Elena Forzani
Reading Research Quarterly (RRQ)
(Vols. 47, January/February/March 2012)
Words as Tools: Learning Academic Vocabulary as Language Acquisition
William Nagy, Dianna Townsend
Reading Coaches and the Relationship Between Policy and Practice
Sarah L. Woulfin
International Reading Association
IRA is a nonprofit, global network of individuals and institutions committed to worldwide literacy since 1956. The Association’s mission is to promote reading by continuously advancing the quality of literacy instruction and research worldwide. For more information, visit www.reading.org.
• Be inspired and recharged through new approaches to literacy education.
• Be an advocate for standards for literacy professionals and for the rights of learners.
• Share your challenges and successes with people just like you.
• Access top-rated journals, innovative research, and best practices.
• Build your toolkit with practical teaching tools you can use in the classroom.
• Save money with discounts on conference registration, IRA publications, and other professional development resources.