Edited By: Magdy F. Iskander
Journal list menu
Computer Applications in Engineering Education is an educational technology journal publishing papers on innovative uses of computers, internet, and software tools in engineering education. The journal covers new software tools, artificial intelligence and data analytics, gamification, distance learning, and more.
Computer Applications in Engineering Education supports Engineering Reports, a new Wiley Open Access journal dedicated to all areas of engineering and computer science.
Special Issue Call for Papers
Computer Applications in Engineering Education announces a Special Issue on Web 3.0 and Blended Learning for Increasing Student Retention & Engagement in E-Learning Environment.
Potential topics included, but are not limited to:
- Web 3.0 and blended learning, modelling and its application in engineering education
- Mobile web application for engineering education
- Advances in blended learning and web 3.0 for increasing student retention and engagement in engineering education
- Better opportunities for experiential learning in engineering education using blended learning and web 3.0
- Innovative tools for enhancing student teacher interaction using web 3.0 for complex engineering curriculum
- New innovative tools, algorithms, and technologies to improve engineering students performance and engagement using blended learning and web 3.0
- Advances in blended learning strategies for improving student retention in the context of digital learning for engineering education
- Effective ways of reshaping the engineering education practices using blended learning and web 3.0 technologies
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2022
Estimated Publication Date: Summer 2023
Recently Published Special Issues
Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence In Education. This issue is focused towards drawing original works related to development and refinement of smart agents that can be applied across educational domain.
Special Issue on Computational Thinking for STEAM and Engineering Education. This issue addresses topics that fit the theme of “Computational thinking for STEAM and engineering education”.
Special Issue on Distance Learning MOOCs and Globalisation of Engineering Education. This special issue aims to enrich the body of research that addresses the globalisation of distance edu-cation, with special but not exclusive attention to engineering education.
An active learning approach to teach distributed forces using augmented reality with guided inquiry
-  10 December 2023
A VR‐based wiring learning platform for promoting practice experience of electrical engineering
-  7 December 2023
Measurement of gravity in laboratories for fundamental physics using mobile devices: An approach from the Internet of Things
-  1 December 2023
CDIO‐CT collaborative strategy for solving complex STEM problems in system modeling and simulation: An illustration of solving the period of mathematical pendulum
-  20 November 2023